Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2021, 02:26 PM

9,719 posts, read 14,256,523 times

Advertisements

I'm tired of being Amazon's delivery person. For the 6th time in 2 weeks, Amazon dropped 2 large packages on my front porch today that aren't mine. The 5 previous times, I've hunted down the recipients of those packages by searching the Internet, have driven to their homes, and dropped them off on their front porches. One time, I caught the Amazon driver walking from my house to her truck, ran out, and told her she had the wrong address to drop off that package. She said "but my GPS said this is the address I need". Rather than argue, I stuffed the package in her truck window and walked away.

So today, I tried to do the right thing, and made 4 phone calls to Amazon about these 2 large packages. First thing....they want my account number, which I don't have, or want. When I tried to explain that I had these heavy packages that aren't mine, and don't want to have to deliver them, 3 of those customer service people hung on me. The 4th customer service person told me to just keep the packages, or throw them away. Can you believe it????

I feel sorry for the people who are waiting for their Amazon packages, but this is not my job to do Amazon's work. So, I just put the packages on the sidewalk for anyone who wants them, or for any Amazon truck that happens to care enough to stop and check them out......(which they won't). If they're not gone by morning, they go to the dump. Enough is enough. This has to stop. As an 80 year old business woman, I don't have time for this BS. It's just too time consuming, and sometimes the packages are very heavy. Rant over.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2021, 06:04 PM

2,364 posts, read 4,870,429 times
Question........Do the packages have your address but the name of someone different? The reason I ask is because there was a video on YouTube done by a woman who is having the same problem. Apparently there are companies who sell on Amazon and want to have "Verified" purchaser feedback on their site for an expensive item they are selling, except they can't get the "verified" feedback without a tracking number. So they find an address and send some cheap item to that address and then have a shill post feedback. They also contacted Amazon and was told to just keep the items. It's called a Brushing Scam. There are a bunch of YouTube videos about it.

If they just aren't delivering to the address on the box, then that is on the driver I would think.

Old 04-14-2021, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rothbear View Post
Question........Do the packages have your address but the name of someone different? The reason I ask is because there was a video on YouTube done by a woman who is having the same problem. Apparently there are companies who sell on Amazon and want to have "Verified" purchaser feedback on their site for an expensive item they are selling, except they can't get the "verified" feedback without a tracking number. So they find an address and send some cheap item to that address and then have a shill post feedback. They also contacted Amazon and was told to just keep the items. It's called a Brushing Scam. There are a bunch of YouTube videos about it.

If they just aren't delivering to the address on the box, then that is on the driver I would think.
The addresses are of people who live within our town, and the adjoining town. The addresses on the packages always have my house number, but all have different street names. Like I said, the Amazon driver I talked with said her GPS says my house is where she should drop it. Nevermind, the street name I'm on doesn't match the street name on her package.

I delivered some, and one lady thanked me because she was outside when I took the package to her porch. But, I just can't do this anymore. 1) it's not my job 2) some boxes/packages are heavy. I know one thing, I will NEVER order anything from Amazon. I may not ever get it!

Old 04-15-2021, 11:44 AM

307 posts, read 296,754 times
I used to get phantom deliveries. They told us to either keep the item or throw it away. It was always random useless junk tho....some Japanese kids toy weird makeup case or a receptacle socket cover plate in dark brown or parts to things I've never heard of. Somebody ordered some bins in Florida (go figure) but they came stuff with 65lbs of weed. You could get lucky LOL.

Old 04-15-2021, 01:27 PM

2,098 posts, read 2,499,377 times
I might for a month or two: put a sign by your door saying AMAZON DELIVERY DRIVER, this address is (your address.) Please check before leaving packages here in error.

Then I would make no further effort. Do not waste your time on hold with customer service. Do not deliver the packages yourself. If the driver keeps leaving the packages at the wrong house they will eventually get in trouble. If they keep stacking up on your porch, put the note on top of the packages. Maybe the next delivery driver will pick them back up and deliver them correctly!

Old 04-15-2021, 03:16 PM

^^
Both good ideas! Thanks.
Well, I was going to throw the 2 large packages in our dumpster this morning, but I felt guilty and delivered them to a house 2 blocks away. I figured that would be it for awhile.

WRONG! When I came home this afternoon, another much smaller, soft package was on my porch addressed to the same person's name who I delivered the 2 large packages to this morning. So I wrote a large note on the package with a magic marker telling that person I'm not delivering any more of her packages. I wrote on the package my address, phone number, asked her to call me. I told her, I don't mind calling her so she can come pick up her stuff from my porch, but I'm not delivering any more. I told her if she doesn't call me, all her future deliveries will go in the trash. These Amazon drivers are dumber than chunks! They don't look at street signs, just their GPS. If they see a house number that matches their packages, they deliver there. Street names mean nothing.

Old 04-15-2021, 08:45 PM

2,022 posts, read 1,736,685 times
We are using Amazon Prime for longer than 10 years and ordering from $ 10 to $ 1,500 often, never an issue.

Old 04-15-2021, 11:54 PM

2,599 posts, read 2,320,129 times
I received a package from Amazon but the contents were stolen. They then sent another package out.

I didn't know Amazon has their own drivers. Here it is the postal service, UPS, or Fed-Ex that delivers them.

Old 04-16-2021, 05:20 AM

9,358 posts, read 14,090,114 times
Are these all new houses? Maybe the developer hasn’t informed the gis services that there are new streets created. Homeowners should complain to their developer/ sales contacts.

Old 04-16-2021, 11:54 AM

9,354 posts, read 14,299,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlr View Post
Amazon Nightmare
I noticed that quality at Amazon's retail service has deteriorated over the past few years.

By now, the company at large is more a military contractor and involved in research into driverless vehicles, robots, the cloud, space exploration, etc.

It appears that they no longer need the peons of the retail world like they once did.

The people wanted globalization, the people got globalization, a race to the lowest common denominator in terms of quality and that we all live in equally.

Except, of course, for the high tech gods.

Unexpected?

Good Luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware