Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2021, 03:19 PM

9,722 posts, read 14,260,591 times

Advertisements

The Town of Wyoming, DE is taking the lead to celebrate the Christmas holiday.

1) BEST DECORATED HOMES FOR CHRISTMAS (lights contest) Registration begins November 24, 2021 at the Wyoming Town Hall for entering your home in the contest.

2) December 4, 2021 6 p.m. - CHRISTMAS PARADE begins in Camden, and travels through the Town of Wyoming. This is a FIRST! Following that, the winners of the Best Decorated Homes will be announced.

Please Add Any Other Delaware Town Christmas Events You're Aware of.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2021, 04:42 PM

13,055 posts, read 18,108,582 times
I will help:

Dewey Beach

Annual Dewey Beach Sip and Shop Nov 28 -28
10am-4pm, Dagsworthy Street, Dewey Beach Developing Artist Collaboration. https://www.developingarts.org/deweysipandshop

Over 35 vendors under a huge heated tent during Thanksgiving weekend. Beautiful crafts, fine arts, handmade goods, and creative services, live music, DIY gift making, as well as craft beer tastings. Free entrance

Dewey Beach tree Lighting
Nov 27

Rehoboth Beach

Tree Lighting and Sing-Along
FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 26, 2021 - 6:30PM

Hometown Christmas Parade Rehoboth
MONDAY, DECEMBER 6, 2021 - 6:00PM

Old 11-17-2021, 06:55 PM

1,065 posts, read 1,426,110 times
There will be a Milton Holly Festival in Milton 9 to 3 on Saturday, December 11. Crafters and vendors in the Library, fire hall, Goshen Hall and Cannon Museum. Face painting and Santa, beer garden and entertainment. There will be a 50/50 raffle - at this time it is up to $2200.

Old 11-19-2021, 12:28 PM

I just got notified today about a holiday/craft fair at St Stephen’s Episcopal Church in Harrington. It will be 11:30 - 3pm on Sunday, Dec. 5. There will be hand-crafted items only, along with baked goods and soups for sale. Also a craft/play area for children and Santa!

Old 12-04-2021, 06:00 PM

I just got back from the Wyoming Christmas parade - the weather was very good and the town put on an excellent parade. This was Wyoming’s first parade, but hopefully not the last. And next Saturday, Dec. 11, there will be a parade in Dover, Dashing thru Dover, taking place on Loockerman Street, starting at 6pm, by City Hall.

Old 12-04-2021, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiree2011 View Post
I just got back from the Wyoming Christmas parade - the weather was very good and the town put on an excellent parade. This was Wyoming’s first parade, but hopefully not the last. And next Saturday, Dec. 11, there will be a parade in Dover, Dashing thru Dover, taking place on Loockerman Street, starting at 6pm, by City Hall.
It was really HUGE.....wasn't it? We enjoyed it so much! People are more than anxious to get off this COVID thing. That parade was like COVID never happened! We're on the parade route, so we opened all our big-window blinds up WIDE, and enjoyed the end of the parade from the comfort of our living room. Glad you enjoyed it, 'retiree2011".

Old 12-04-2021, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlr View Post
It was really HUGE.....wasn't it? We enjoyed it so much! People are more than anxious to get off this COVID thing. That parade was like COVID never happened! We're on the parade route, so we opened all our big-window blinds up WIDE, and enjoyed the end of the parade from the comfort of our living room. Glad you enjoyed it, 'retiree2011".
I went with a neighbor, spending her first Christmas here and we both enjoyed it. She got good pictures of horses and the tractor. My favorite was “Wyoming Express”. It was good weather, too - the only “snow” was fake, launched from two of the floats.

Old 12-05-2021, 05:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiree2011 View Post
I went with a neighbor, spending her first Christmas here and we both enjoyed it. She got good pictures of horses and the tractor. My favorite was “Wyoming Express”. It was good weather, too - the only “snow” was fake, launched from two of the floats.
My photos didn't turn out well. My neighbor spent her first Christmas here, too....(a green house). We lucked out getting such good neighbors! They are gems!

Old 12-05-2021, 06:29 AM

13,055 posts, read 18,108,582 times
Well, as much as I hate being a shill for any company, I have to give Kudos to Schellville. They did a top notch job with it. There is a roller skating rink, food trucks, a beer garden, a hospitality center (all tented and heated for dining) as well as several fire pits with comfy lounge seating, vendors and of course the little village for the kids. In addition, they have real snow shooting out, a maze, a snow ball fight (white colored balls) and music. Live entertainment on a stage with warming pits and comfy chairs.

It is almost all FREE. IF you want to eat or drink it is on you and the roller skating is $5 - otherwise no charge. It is great for family pictures as they have several places to pose the kids and of course, Santa and the Mrs.

You need to go online to get a ticket but it is free, I am guessing for crowd control. You can park at Epworth and grab a shuttle that delivers you to the entrance and picks you up to return to Epworth - also free, although the driver does have a tip jar. Or you can park in the outlets.

We got our tickets and arrived at Epworth at 4:30 and were taken to the entrance. They held us on line for a few minutes and then once 5 p.m came they opened and we had a great time. Once done we returned to the entrance/exit and were taken back to Epworth. I would say this is the best way to avoid the crowds getting into the venue - Route 1 was like the summer and if coming from the North you need to make a U turn at CVS. Come early.

Hours 5 - 9 Thursday - Sunday and All week Christmas week

I would say especially great for the kids. Thanks to Cape Gazette, WRDE, Tanger Outlets and Schell Brothers.

https://schellbrothers.com/promotions/schellville/

Old 12-05-2021, 11:34 AM

Still time to head on out to Marydel today, Sunday 12/5 for their Christmas parade! This one slipped through the cracks, for us, but we're making the short trip out there now. I'm partial to "small-town stuff" and try to support them. Parade time 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware