Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2022, 06:22 AM

13,056 posts, read 18,121,249 times

Advertisements

Well, much to my chagrin, the Rehoboth area is rapidly being transformed into Christmas. I drove past the outlets last week and the wreaths are up on all Tanger buildings and over the weekend the garlands went up. I am guessing that some time during the next week the trees will be going up.

Downtown Rehoboth, I am sure is not far behind as the Tree lighting is on 11/25. They have a lot of poles the to decorate with garland and lights - so I guess they have to start sometime.

Curious, when'd do you decorate? When do you shop, if you do shop?

For me, I have started to shop this year already. I only have a few to shop for, but, I learned my lesson that people are shopping earlier and earlier so if you want something from a catalog, it is best to buy it now. I got a 60% off and free shipping on Lands End so I have ordered from them. I have also noticed that the retailers must be very nervous this year as they are having a lot of deep discounts very early. I guess they are concerned about the impact of inflation.

As for decorating, I have a Nativity that goes outside with a spotlight and a large 4 foot wreath that I hang. That only takes at most 2 hours, so despite this lovely weather, that is so very tempting, I will wait til Thanksgiving week. Now inside is another story. It takes me weeks to get this place done and the older I get, the longer it takes. Love the going up stage, hate the take down stage. We still get a real tree between 9 -10 feet. I have well over 1000 lights and probably 500 ornaments including a Lenox annual that my mother started my sister and I back in the 80's and now DH continues. I start inside on Thanksgiving morning and it is up til Little Christmas, the feast of Epiphany. The tree goes up in the mid -teens so I have a fully decorated home for almost 2 -3 weeks before the tree goes up, but that is ok, I so enjoy a cocktail with my Christmas wonderland.

I am getting mentally geared up now and I admit, I may break with tradition and start a little earlier inside this year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2022, 09:50 AM

62 posts, read 136,623 times
I decorate Thanksgiving weekend, with Christmas movies and the musical RENT playing in the background, leftovers for dinner, and a smidge of early baking thrown in for good measure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware