Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2008, 07:38 AM

957 posts, read 3,699,977 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PotNetGal View Post
This agreement keeps the lot rent at a reasonable rate, even with the cpi and with all the amenities and such that are at our disposable, in comparison to other communities and areas around delaware this is still the best bargain for your dollar.
You must work for the Tunnells. Seriously, $1100+ per month is NOT a good bargain for your money considering there are other waterfront alternatives on Long Neck for a fraction of that. Unless this agreement is VERY new, it is not doing a very good job or protecting the renters.

The problem is that the lease grants them the right to raise the rent based on perceived land value. That means they can raise the rent any amount they want, and they do. An honest land owner, and there are plenty out there, would clearly outline any increases for a given lease period and not deviate from them. I know Pot Nets does not do this because if they did, they could not raise the rents the way they do without being in breach of contract.

The way Pot Nets does business is well known in the area. If you have information to the contrary and you would really like to help their cause, please post it here so all can see.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2008, 05:56 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,665,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rossc View Post
You must work for the Tunnells. Seriously, $1100+ per month is NOT a good bargain for your money considering there are other waterfront alternatives on Long Neck for a fraction of that. Unless this agreement is VERY new, it is not doing a very good job or protecting the renters.

The problem is that the lease grants them the right to raise the rent based on perceived land value. That means they can raise the rent any amount they want, and they do. An honest land owner, and there are plenty out there, would clearly outline any increases for a given lease period and not deviate from them. I know Pot Nets does not do this because if they did, they could not raise the rents the way they do without being in breach of contract.

The way Pot Nets does business is well known in the area. If you have information to the contrary and you would really like to help their cause, please post it here so all can see.
Very good posting Rossc........I agree, and I know from family what a horror this can be at PNets.

Old 10-05-2008, 09:53 AM

1 posts, read 4,378 times
Hi Sharl
We moved to Long Neck Shores 2 1/2 yrs ago and regarding your question as to it being a safe area...it's great! Our community is small enough that it has the feel of a small town. Every one looks out for each other in a non-obtrusive way. Lots of social activities, close by shopping (Giant & Harris Teeter) plus new places to eat going in every month. Traffic problems, relative to what we dealt with in Baltimore, is a non-issue. We have no ground rent and the property taxes are 1/3 of what they were in Md. The quality of the homes are great and the second phase is now open. We also have what other developments in So. Sussex Co. don't have.....TREES!!!

Old 11-14-2008, 08:45 AM

1 posts, read 4,264 times
Default Community in Delaware

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsha1215 View Post
Hello all, My Husband and I are considering a move from Florida to Delaware. We looked at Baywood and fell in love with it. But, then (last year) the land rent was 500 to 1000 a month, so now we are searching for another area. Any ideas for a nice community close to the beach.
Are you still looking for a Community in Delaware?

Old 11-16-2008, 04:39 PM

1 posts, read 4,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharl View Post
Hi, My husband & I have found a cute new home in long neck shore delaware. It is off of Bay Farm road. Would someone who is familiar with the area please let me know about the crime in this & millsboro area? It seems to be close enough to rehobeth outlets & beaches. I realize during the summer these areas are overcrowded, but on the whole are these fairly safe areas? Thanks for info.
we lived in longneck all our life its pretty quiet and safe

Old 01-09-2009, 04:40 PM

177 posts, read 687,173 times
Good grief people, Camelot or Silverview is 2 miles from the boardwalk and lot rents are under $500 a month!

If you want to live in a trailer these parks are pretty nice!

Old 01-13-2009, 02:05 PM

5 posts, read 24,475 times
Hello all, if anyone is dissatisfied with land rent in Millsboro you mat want to check out Dagsboro. There is a waterfront community there called The Marina at Pepper's Creek and its one of those pool,clubhouse types. I think they are in the 350,000 range.

Old 01-18-2009, 12:44 PM

9 posts, read 51,964 times
mobile home parks land lease run $400-$600 generally - but this amount of money could allow you to buy a single family home of $100k more on fee simple land, meaning you own the land and would only have real estate taxes to pay. maybe flood insurance too if your land in on any wetlands. there are plenty of nice communities in sussex. don't limit yourself - look at several of them. in milton, creek falls farms, overbrook shores, edgewater estates, mil pond acres and others have reasonably priced homes. good luck with your search, jim

Old 01-19-2009, 04:41 PM

3 posts, read 9,000 times
Well, speaking from experience and about the whole state of Delaware. It is very hard to find places to rent and the cost is extremely high even if you get lucky and find one. Buying a house or property is not hard to find due to all the new development. But, it is very expensive compared to the job market pay rates and minimum wage. The crime rate has gotten bad since I moved from Delaware 7 years ago. I must say that I have not heard any thing bad about the Long Neck area. Delaware is a very beautiful place in whole and even better in the Long Neck area. Every now and then I go back to visit my family and friends that still live there. I don't reconize the area any more with all the new houseing development and over crowding.Where you used to see farm land now all you see is houseing development's. If you ask me the area in about give or take a few more years will be nothing but a resort area. If you are one of those people that are on the Section 8 or HUD program or going to be put on the waiting list must know: It took a friend of mine 3 year's to get her voucher and move into a home. All the major paying companies are shutting down and moving out of state. The majority of job's that are left are $10.00/hr and under. The people can be friendly and then there are those with "I'm better than you" attitude's but, that can happen any where you move and your considered the outsider. If you have school age children I would check into the area school's. Some of the curriculum that the school's are teaching there are way behind than most states. I do love it there but, I cannot afford to live there. There are alot of good things about Delaware, too many too mention. So, I thought I would just tell you about the bad ones. I hope this is helpful.

Old 10-18-2009, 02:02 PM

4 posts, read 26,380 times
You will love Pot-Nets! Don't listen to the naysayers, they just ruin it for everyone!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware