Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2010, 07:46 PM

699 posts, read 2,895,483 times

Advertisements

Anyone have a great experience with appliance repair in Dover area? Last month my icemaker stopped working and now I have water leaking on my floor. I can do without ice, we'll not really, but now it's getting difficult to keep up with the water on the floor.

I used Sears for my dishwasher leak a few month's ago and it was $135 for a bad fitting. They cannot make it 'till next Thursday anyway.

In the meantime, I cannot find the shutoff valve to the fridge. Maybe under the sink?

So need a recommendation for a trusted repair person in the area. PDQ..

The upside is I have the cleanest floor in town.

Feel free to DM...Thanks ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2010, 06:43 AM

381 posts, read 1,365,849 times
I don't have a good repairperson to recommend, but I want to recommend this website. We had something similar happen (more than once) and the first time we had someone come out it took days and cost somewhere around $300. The second time, my husband used this site, and fixed it himself with a relatively inexpensive part.
ApplianceBlog.com - Appliance Repair Forums

Old 06-03-2010, 09:24 AM

604 posts, read 2,011,371 times
Shut off valve for the supply line could be in the basement if you have one .... if you live in a newer house it may be located just behind the REf... just ask somebody to help you pull the ref out (hopefully, it is on wheels) and you will see the shutoff valve sitting inside the wall - not unlike your washer connection -

Feel free to ask more questions if you have any----

Old 06-03-2010, 11:08 AM

699 posts, read 2,895,483 times
Thanks for advice. Neighbor found valve and shut it off for me. Now I can drink bottled water 'till the fridge is fixed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
View detailed profiles of: