Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2013, 08:30 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,379,197 times

Advertisements

Hi,
I have one tooth with receding gums...where?
Where the tire hits the pavement...the first touchdown for decades of the toothbrush!

I am going to try the many pastes and ideas found online.
They say their gums grew back!
Ok, I'm headed to the Health Food Store today...getting some niacin, B1...already have
B complex, Cal Mag, Omegas...also have, but getting in a tincture form, Bee propolis.

I will check back in...the testimonials seemed very encouraging that gum regrows...
Hope they are right.
Friends are having dental problems now...well, not me..because I always knew
if I take care of my teeth I will keep them without a bunch of canals, decay, expense, pain,
ugliness, pulling...my mom's were pretty darn good at 88, learned it from her.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2013, 11:09 AM

13,250 posts, read 42,780,434 times
Well if you've already been taking B complex, Cal Mag, Omegas, and bee propolis, and you have receding gums, you can pretty much assume that those things don't prevent receding gums. If they did, you wouldn't have receding gums.

Gums recede over time, if you're going to the dentist for a full cleaning at least once a year (they recommend twice, but I'd say at *least* once), not eating a lot of sugars or colas, brushing your teeth after breakfast and before bedtime, flossing daily - then you're probably just experiencing the normal progression of aging.

You might want to get checked to make sure there's no calculus building up under the gumline and if there is, have it picked out (that would be the quadrant scaling you read about), so that the gums can settle back down into place.

One visit to get things fixed up, seems a whole lot more efficient than taking a bunch of pills that might or might not do anything to solve the problem.

Old 11-02-2013, 10:34 AM

595 posts, read 2,702,739 times
Your gums will not "grow" back with the methods you are describing. Changing your brushing habits and/or going to your Dentist to diagnose a potential periodontal condition are the only things that will help that.

If it's only one tooth that has an issue, then I'm going to guess that this is where you start brushing every day and/or the way the tooth is positioned in your mouth and are brushing too hard. Do the bristles on your brush look frayed and splayed out? If so, stop scrubbing your teeth. You will do more damage than is necessary. Also, vary where in your mouth you start to brush. If you always start on the lower right, move to the upper right the next day, then the upper left, then down to the lower left. This helps. It might take a bit of thinking about it before hand.

Old 11-02-2013, 10:58 AM

6,191 posts, read 18,159,672 times
I wouldn't waste any time or money on products to "cure" gingival recession...they won't work. Surgery is about the only real cure....I've looked into this because there's also a strong hereditary factor in aging and gum recession....runs in my family. Unfortunately the surgery isn't cheap.

Keep up with regular cleanings. Talk to your dentist and get a referral to a periodontist...I've had a couple of procedures done where he deep-cleaned my gums, and put some sort of a filler in the deeper pockets to prevent further recession.

Old 11-02-2013, 11:13 AM

Well, as I said it is where the toothbrush first makes contact for decades.
Wish I had been warned by dentists to switch it up...
Toothbrush is soft and never splayed. I often use my Braun or whatever it is.
I have no bleeding, gums are healthy otherwise...and all these vits are
to be made into a paste.
Surprisingly no one mentioned this recession at last cleaning and full mouth photo...not exactly an
X-ray. Hmm.

Oh, don't eat sugar of any kind...ha, not even pasta, bread or junk food like
chips...only thing that gets stuck for a minute might be broccolli or a flaxseed
not ground well!...no alcohol in months...well I had some beer one day in October.

It is a common belief that gums will not recover exposed areas...we'll see.
I believe in many things other don't and I am usually proven correct.
I'm not using crystal dust, lol!! That made me laugh.

Easy enough to check back in a couple weeks...I have a super magnifier on my
bathroom mirror, so I will keep close watch.

Last edited by Miss Hepburn; 11-02-2013 at 11:25 AM..

Old 11-02-2013, 12:10 PM

Ok, it's noon...I made the powder concoction.
B1, B3, Cal, magn, boron, D3, Vit C ascorbate,B Complex, plus Green veg powder..put a dab
of 25% Bee propolis tincture
first and it all stuck really well...I'll give it 2 hrs bef I drink or eat...then
do it at night as they said.
So, Nov. 2...here is the test.

Before I did it, for the record, I brushed, flossed, listerined, tongue scraped,
Oh and swished with coconut oil. Only think I left out was peroxide and baking soda...
both were mentioned.
And upon a 2nd look the receding isn't that bad really.

I do thank you for all your input.

Old 11-02-2013, 01:28 PM

5,273 posts, read 14,543,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
B1, B3, Cal, magn, boron, D3, Vit C ascorbate,B Complex, plus Green veg powder..put a dab
first and it all stuck really well...I'll give it 2 hrs bef I drink or eat...then

Before I did it, for the record, I brushed, flossed, listerined, tongue scraped,
Oh and swished with coconut oil. Only think I left out was peroxide and baking soda...
both were mentioned.

Ya know, if you add some clams and milk and simmer over a low heat for 30 minutes.....

Seriously, you have received some very sound advice thus far.... go and visit your dentist to take care of this issue.

Old 11-02-2013, 01:40 PM

Keep it up you guys...but we'll have a report in a couple weeks.

Old 11-02-2013, 02:50 PM

6,191 posts, read 18,159,672 times
Quote:

both were mentioned.

Well, OK.

But if you report back that over time this concoction regenerated your gum tissue, only the most naive of readers will believe you. Because it won't; simply not possible.

And thus the internet promotes as much misinformation as it does valid information...

Old 11-02-2013, 04:17 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,780,434 times
Quote:

both were mentioned.

Here's some questions for you to answer for yourself:

1. How will you know what it is, that solves the problem IF the problem becomes solved?

1a) how will you know it's the exact combination of everything, and not JUST the boron that did it, or JUST the combination of boron with toothbrushing, or JUST the combination of toothbrushing, oil swishing, and vit. c ascorbate, etc. etc. etc.
1b) how will you know it's ANY of those, and not simply that you had a low-grade infection under the gum that healed all by itself, and that NONE of what you did contributed to the healing?

2) Will you continue to brush, floss, listerine, tongue scrape, and swish with coconut oil?

3) If it doesn't work, will you make sure to remind readers here that self-treatment of a self-diagnosis by a non-professional using supplements in a way that the manufacturers don't instruct consumers to use them in, is probably a really stupid idea?

Also - if you are using listerine, undiluted, every day, you might consider NOT using it undiluted. Try diluting it 50/50. And if you're using it twice a day or more, try cutting back to only once a day. I ended up with an infected saliva duct, that was caused by using it twice a day, undiluted. I couldn't for the life of me figure out what this tiny pebble-thing was on the inside of my lower lip, and the dentist told me to stop using Listerine undiluted, use it only once a day, but for the next few days don't use it at all and instead use a warm salt-water rinse, to re-adjust the bacteria that was in that duct. It went away after 3 days and hasn't come back. No antibiotics necessary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health