Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2016, 11:27 AM

29,259 posts, read 16,903,084 times

Advertisements

My grandgirl 19 now, went thru braces and ended up with beautiful teeth and LET the dentist do fluoride baths or whatever they do in the office and she now lives with noticeable dental fluorosis...

I ended up signing off to NOT do xrays with my former dentist. And then later I found a dentist who would do a cleaning ONLY. Now I avoid dentists since the coconut oil toothpaste is doing such a great job with my teeth and mouth health.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2016, 01:47 PM

629 posts, read 944,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
My grandgirl 19 now, went thru braces and ended up with beautiful teeth and LET the dentist do fluoride baths or whatever they do in the office and she now lives with noticeable dental fluorosis...

I ended up signing off to NOT do xrays with my former dentist. And then later I found a dentist who would do a cleaning ONLY. Now I avoid dentists since the coconut oil toothpaste is doing such a great job with my teeth and mouth health.
Good, since dentists also want to avoid patients like you.

Old 06-02-2016, 07:21 PM

3,022 posts, read 5,884,326 times
Quote:

According to the CDC:

CDC - Dental Fluorosis - Safety - Community Water Fluoridation - Oral Health

Only children aged 8 years and younger can develop dental fluorosis because this is when permanent teeth are developing under the gums.
  • Once the teeth erupt through the gums and are in the mouth, they can no longer develop fluorosis.
  • The teeth of children older than 8 years, adolescents, and adults cannot develop dental fluorosis.

Old 06-16-2016, 12:55 PM

1,330 posts, read 1,550,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
They don't do that anymore, and have been requiring leaded bibs for a couple of decades now. X-ray machines didn't even exist until the late 1800's, prior to that dentists and other doctors basically took educated guesses, and if they wanted to see what was inside, they had to surgically cut you open and take a look that way.

In the last 120 years, dentistry has come a LONG LONG way. In the past 40 years dentistry has come a LONG LONG way. I wouldn't be so concerned about how things were done 40 years ago.

then good gott almighty why is that drill still so frackin' LOUDDDDDDD??? I can remember having to be strapped down in the chair in 1972 because that sound terrified me (I was 7, now of course they can't do that)

Even at 51, I was squirming in the chair last friday because of that SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLL

Old 06-16-2016, 01:19 PM

5,271 posts, read 14,591,879 times
Quote:

Hey, don't forget to mention grape seed oil.

Old 06-16-2016, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAZER PROPHET View Post
Hey, don't forget to mention grape seed oil.
Who is talking salads, I used to use the oil you mention for salads but don't anymore.

But I do use Coconut Oil for my toothpaste and keeping mouth healthy.

Old 06-16-2016, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daliowa View Post
According to the CDC:

CDC - Dental Fluorosis - Safety - Community Water Fluoridation - Oral Health

Only children aged 8 years and younger can develop dental fluorosis because this is when permanent teeth are developing under the gums.
  • Once the teeth erupt through the gums and are in the mouth, they can no longer develop fluorosis.
  • The teeth of children older than 8 years, adolescents, and adults cannot develop dental fluorosis.
You want to see my grandgirl's teeth...I would not trust the CDC as far as I could throw them. They have been endorsing the waste by product called fluoridation started by Alcoa and the Mellons. Alcoa getting rid of their waste and Mellon with financing to start up this 7 decade fraud.

Old 06-17-2016, 07:43 AM

4 posts, read 3,372 times
Default Is it possible to get a teeth cleaning without xray's?

If your question is about simple teeth cleaning, then you don’t have to get into any x-ray processes. You can use some natural way to get it cleaned. In case you don’t prefer natural thing, then go for Govt. hospitals near you.

Old 06-17-2016, 11:56 AM

3,022 posts, read 5,884,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkiforniainHouston View Post
then good gott almighty why is that drill still so frackin' LOUDDDDDDD??? I can remember having to be strapped down in the chair in 1972 because that sound terrified me (I was 7, now of course they can't do that)

Even at 51, I was squirming in the chair last friday because of that SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLL

If it's just the sound of the drill that bothers you than try using headphones while the dentist is working. Play your favorite music.

If it's dental anxiety in general than try finding a dentist who specializes in anxious patients.

It's nothing to be ashamed of as even big strong guys have dental anxiety (i.e. my hubby.)

Sounds like you had a bad dental experience as a kid, so it's understandable.

Old 06-17-2016, 01:23 PM

5,271 posts, read 14,591,879 times
Quote:
Who is talking salads, I used to use the oil you mention for salads but don't anymore.

But I do use Coconut Oil for my toothpaste and keeping mouth healthy.
Coconut oil pulling (if done correctly- swishing it around for 15-20 minutes) can help reduce the bad bacteria in the mouth that cause plaque and gingivitis.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health