Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2014, 11:50 AM

1 posts, read 2,305 times

Advertisements

i had went to a dentist last month and he said i have cavity so he filled it
the tooth had no pain before
since then, the tooth got so sensitive to ALL KINDS OF FOOD!!
then went to another dentist and he said my tooth may be cracked
may need root canal

i am getting mad now is the first dentist done sth wrong that cracked my tooth????
what should i do now???can i get my money back for fix all this?!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2014, 10:58 PM

1,656 posts, read 2,781,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackal_moon View Post
i had went to a dentist last month and he said i have cavity so he filled it
the tooth had no pain before
since then, the tooth got so sensitive to ALL KINDS OF FOOD!!
then went to another dentist and he said my tooth may be cracked
may need root canal

i am getting mad now is the first dentist done sth wrong that cracked my tooth????
what should i do now???can i get my money back for fix all this?!
This is more common than you think. Removing the rotted portion of a tooth can definitely cause some soreness. Do you get mad when you have pain after surgeon removes your gallbladder? Please remember that the dentist is not the one who neglected the tooth and put the cavity there. If the tooth is cracked then it has to be removed because there is no way to fix this, but the only way to know if it's cracked is to remove the tooth and look at it.....and at that point it doesn't matter. Fillings do not create cracks.....if there is a crack then the crack was already there and there is no way for you or the dentist to know since they are microscopic and do not show up on xrays. And no, you shouldn't get your money back because you are paying for time and expertise, not results. In my dental office I have this conversation before the procedure. If you can guarantee to me that your body will heal without problems, then I will give a money-back guarantee that you won't have any problems.

Old 10-24-2014, 10:07 PM

26 posts, read 42,555 times
Jackal_Moon,

Depending on the type of filling it was, it may have a warranty. I discovered this
yesterday when I got a porcelain filling instead of metal. So if the tooth with
the filling cracked, I would go back to the dentist who did the work and see
what the recourse is.

They should have taken xrays of your tooth prior to the filling and once it was completed.
I'm speaking from just getting one yesterday and that is what they did.

Now my dentist also explained that I may have some sensitivity to cold food, however,
they put some medicine in that tooth to alleviate that but wanted me to know I still
may experience that.

Good luck!!

Old 10-29-2014, 10:12 AM

148 posts, read 523,547 times
It's normal and goes away after 4-6 weeks (for me). They can and will try to sell you a $30 tube of toothpaste, never used it though.

Old 12-24-2014, 09:53 PM

1 posts, read 2,165 times
Default Proper Dentist

You need to consult a good doctor. Only the best one can suggest you the correct treatment .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health