Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2015, 08:07 AM

13,754 posts, read 13,326,193 times

Advertisements

I was shopping for toothpaste at *shudder* Walmart. (my guy drags me in there occasionally and he gets his toothpaste there)

There on the shelf with a clearance sticker attached was this amazing Chocolate Mint toothpaste by Crest. I think there was another flavor, too. (Orange?) but the chocolate mint had me mesmerized. I had to have it. The lovely red sticker with the VERY low price made it even more enticing.

This stuff is amazing. It's like brushing with melted Andes Mint Chocolate candy. It's hard to stop brushing. And it functions almost as well as having dessert! I'm pacing myself now because I'm sure it's on its way out, being on clearance at Walmart.

Has anyone else tried this stuff? Because it's from Crest I do trust it as an effective toothpaste. Otherwise I'm using the "over 50" toothpaste Crest has out.

My guy used Arm & Hammer Sensitive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2015, 05:40 PM

595 posts, read 2,703,170 times
It's probably on clearance because many of Crest's toothpastes contained tiny pieces of blue (and other colored) plastic that weren't getting washed away. On a pretty regular basis I find little blue specks in patients gums as were Hygienists around the country. There was one who called Crest out on it and their answer was: It was a color additive.

There is no immediate health concern with the plastic, just that it doesn't dissolve and doesn't deliver any sort of medicament so why is it there? Oh, because Crest thought it looked pretty that's why.

They are phasing out the use of the little color specks by this May. I usually like Crest, but this was pretty shady IMHO.

Old 01-31-2015, 06:36 PM

3,971 posts, read 4,040,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDH35 View Post
It's probably on clearance because many of Crest's toothpastes contained tiny pieces of blue (and other colored) plastic that weren't getting washed away. On a pretty regular basis I find little blue specks in patients gums as were Hygienists around the country. There was one who called Crest out on it and their answer was: It was a color additive.

There is no immediate health concern with the plastic, just that it doesn't dissolve and doesn't deliver any sort of medicament so why is it there? Oh, because Crest thought it looked pretty that's why.

They are phasing out the use of the little color specks by this May. I usually like Crest, but this was pretty shady IMHO.
That is incredibly shady. I had never heard of this till now. Crossing Crest off my list forever now.

Old 01-31-2015, 06:46 PM

13,754 posts, read 13,326,193 times
This appears to be all white.

I wish people would be so diligent about artificial colors and flavors in their food. Nothing but chemical additives and no nutritional value whatsoever. (I'm hijacking my own thread)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health