Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2019, 09:12 AM

613 posts, read 948,019 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonKatsu View Post
OP. I am in my early 60s. I had an abcess on #15 this last spring that developed into a sinus infection. A round of antibiotics with steroids, a root canal, and a porcelain crown took care of it all. I was really nervous about the root canal, but the endodontist was great (sure, it was a little uncomfortable during the procedure, but the pain was minimal; they have new drugs nowadays to numb your tooth area). My regular dentist did the crown; this procedure was not too bad either. The root canal was $1,800 and the crown was $1,200.

I thought about just getting it pulled, but my wife said I am too young to start pulling teeth. Even if you are in your late 60s, that is still kind of young. I think you should go root canal and crown. BUT, have a nice talk with your endodontist.
Well, the deed (The root canal) was done a few days ago. The 70 minute procedure wasn't nearly as bad as worrying about the tooth & trying to decide what to do for the last several weeks or months. I think it's starting to feel better--I'm hedging just b/c that tooth has felt better before, then worse.

A lot of the temp. filling has come off already, & I'm supposed to see them again next week to check it. They gave me a 10% discount--I just asked if they had any discounts for people w/o ins.--I was surprised they gave it to me--so it came to $1373. It's a small office, & both the endo. & the assistant are extremely friendly & helpful.

Here are before & after pics. I believe the endo. said he filled or treated 4 root canals in that tooth.
Attached Thumbnails
Occasional pain in molar with a lot of fillings-should I try clove oil?-18-molar-10-1-19.jpg   Occasional pain in molar with a lot of fillings-should I try clove oil?-18-molar-r.c.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health