Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 02:08 AM

1,875 posts, read 2,869,953 times

Advertisements

Its been four years since the last time I went. I remember them using tools that were going through my teeth which kinda shook me up. I vowed to never go again.

Are there any other suggestions on turning teeth white clearly again? I brush mine everyday and yet, nothing's changed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2008, 03:33 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,262,240 times
Just go to the dentist. My father who did the smoking/coffee/staining foods couldnt lift his teeth to the white level like the did at the dentist. Even with whitening products didnt work. Since you havent been there in awhile you should have a check up to see the health of your teeth. You shouldnt use whitening products or pastes on teeth that need fixed.

If you go to the dentist every 6 months or at least once a year they only really have to use one thing. That polishy brush.

Take care of any problms now. The sooner the cheaper with dentistry.

For now try brushing after every meal or snack. At least after staining foods right away. And a must is morning and night brush with floss and rinses. Plax is a good mouthwash that helps break up stuff on teeth. Use a tartar control toothpaste.
I would say whitening but I dont want to give you sensitive teeth. You could test it out and stop using it if you develop sensitivity though.

Drinking lemon water whitens my teeth.Just a little side thing you can do to. Dont forget to rinse with a plain water post lemon one to avoid corrosion.

Old 07-10-2008, 03:36 AM

p.s. when I go to the dentist I ask them to tell me what they as they are doing it. I didnt do that once when I was younger and ended up punching the dentist out of reaction to pain when he tested a cavity with that hook thing. It was kinda funny..we both laughed. Im just glad he didnt rip the hook through my cheek out of reaction.

Old 07-10-2008, 03:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
p.s. when I go to the dentist I ask them to tell me what they as they are doing it. I didnt do that once when I was younger and ended up punching the dentist out of reaction to pain when he tested a cavity with that hook thing. It was kinda funny..we both laughed. Im just glad he didnt rip the hook through my cheek out of reaction.
Using tools to go though the teeth, that's the scary part.

Old 07-10-2008, 03:53 AM

I know there is a dentist here that actually gives you pills or gases you for your treatments. He specializes in dentist anxiety. Im sure there has to be something like that near you. I mean its LA right? Look in the yellow pages.

You gotta get em fixed. whats scarier...tools or toothless.
I know what the ladies would pick.

They dont really go through the tooth. They expose a cavity that needs filled.
But I would shop for that sedation dentistry deal. Its sounds ideal for you.
And oh the flouride treatments boost the whitening a bit too.

Old 07-10-2008, 03:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
I know there is a dentist here that actually gives you pills or gases you for your treatments. He specializes in dentist anxiety. Im sure there has to be something like that near you. I mean its LA right? Look in the yellow pages.

You gotta get em fixed. whats scarier...tools or toothless.
I know what the ladies would pick.

They dont really go through the tooth. They expose a cavity that needs filled.
But I would shop for that sedation dentistry deal. Its sounds ideal for you.
And oh the flouride treatments boost the whitening a bit too.
Yes, LA in CA. So, I don't have to worry about a dentist?

Old 07-10-2008, 04:07 AM

Worry..no
Go...yes

Old 07-10-2008, 07:19 AM

5,273 posts, read 7,347,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAFan View Post
Its been four years since the last time I went. I remember them using tools that were going through my teeth which kinda shook me up. I vowed to never go again.

Are there any other suggestions on turning teeth white clearly again? I brush mine everyday and yet, nothing's changed.
I dont want to scare you but please go to the dentist....it can lead to periodontal disease...that can,believe it or not, affect your heart down the road!

Just go get a cleaning... there is a good forum to go to dentalfearcentral dot com........................go there since there are dentists that will answer any questions.

Old 07-10-2008, 07:24 PM

3,046 posts, read 2,384,156 times
I haven't been to a dentist in like 18 years.

Old 07-11-2008, 03:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krichton View Post
I haven't been to a dentist in like 18 years.
You must have been taking care of your teeth real good, huh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health