Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2010, 11:01 PM

121 posts, read 313,936 times

Advertisements

I am packing ( we are relocating in two weeks) and while I have several shoes they are for warmer climates. I have a million flip flops that I'm not even taking half. My question is what do I need? Snow boots or just winter boots? I know for you up there this might be silly but I wear flip flops in December
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2010, 11:41 PM

3,158 posts, read 6,120,696 times
I would never presume to tell a lady what shoes she should wear. Therefore, I will give you this advice: you will need a pair of waterproof, warm boots. I think you should wait until you get here and then you should go shopping for all the shoes you need.

Old 07-19-2010, 01:46 AM

13,827 posts, read 29,925,995 times
My wife wears flip-flops anytime there's no snow on the ground and/or it's above 50°F. I usually wear sandals May-September.

Old 07-19-2010, 04:15 AM

121 posts, read 313,936 times
Ok so the climate will still let me wear my flip flops yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh! I'm so excited now haha. Of course I know I can't when it snows but I live in them around the house.

David I am shoe junkie so I'd take advice even from a MAN ;-) hahaha! I will do as you say and wait til we get up there just wasn't sure if we even had place to buy this down here. My water boots consist of my cute red and black polka dots rubber boots. I wear them bc they are cute :-)

Old 07-19-2010, 07:09 AM

5,747 posts, read 12,049,157 times
Bring your flip flops. You'll have plenty of time to wear them before the cold weather sets in. I do have a pair of winter boots, but I rarely wear them. In winter, I usually wear a pair of leather Danskos with thick wool-blend socks.

Old 07-19-2010, 07:17 AM

1,817 posts, read 6,857,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRenee View Post
Ok so the climate will still let me wear my flip flops yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh! I'm so excited now haha. Of course I know I can't when it snows but I live in them around the house.

David I am shoe junkie so I'd take advice even from a MAN ;-) hahaha! I will do as you say and wait til we get up there just wasn't sure if we even had place to buy this down here. My water boots consist of my cute red and black polka dots rubber boots. I wear them bc they are cute :-)
Yeah I'd plan for warm shoes for winter. I agree though, have fun when you get there shoe shopping. And those flip flops are great for summer so make sure you keep as many as you like

Old 07-19-2010, 11:18 AM

26,208 posts, read 49,017,880 times
Here in COLO SPGS, the weather is a bit cooler than Denver, but my wife wears her Birkie's all year long, with socks. That's it. If she were going out in the snow she'd wear a sneaker. She has boots, but hates wearing them.

Myself, I wear my Merrill walking shoes or sneaks all year, even in the snow.

Caveat: This is "Front Range" stuff I'm talking, the I-25 corridor. If I were a regular up in the High Country ski areas, I'd darned sure have the right attire. We do get deadly weather here at times, sometimes -10 in the Front Range and up to -30 or more in the high country. But if you're a city person who stays in when it's bitter cold, you don't need to dress like Nannook of the North.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 07-19-2010, 12:00 PM

619 posts, read 2,199,136 times
Flip flops (not sure if the natives call them that or thongs) are pretty much standard footwear from April to October, except during the early and late snows when you break out the boots for a day or two.

And you'll see them often enough throughout the winter to not feel odd if it's the shoe you wear.

I pretty much live in my Merrill mules in the winter. I had a pair of warm snow boots (Columbia Bugaboos? Bugaloos?) but I did expand to include a pair of "apres ski" boots as well since I was drooling over everyone else's the past two years.

Old 07-19-2010, 07:40 PM

11 posts, read 38,761 times
I just moved here and am finding I will also need to buy a pair of river shoes. Not sure if you're outdoorsy or what, but everywhere I go there's a river to be played in and I can't keep my feet out. I'm thinking something like rubber bottoms and mesh top type of thing.

Old 07-19-2010, 09:36 PM

87 posts, read 346,215 times
I live in my various pairs of Yellow Box flip flops most from May until September, so you should be fine. I do have some snow boots and sneakers as well. I've only been here one winter, but so far no reason to turn into "Nanook of the North" as someone else mentioned, lol. Of course I'm on the fringe more towards the plains than the mountains. Like someone else mentioned it will all be in your location, but I wouldn't give up my flip flops for anything! There's plenty of malls/boutiques around that you can go shoe crazy in and find what you like for the climate after you get here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver