Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2011, 08:18 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,501,624 times

Advertisements

CruisingUSA I think you just don't like it here in Denver, realize that probably won't change no matter how much you vent.

I didn't like living in Orange County, CA, being Hispanic I thought the place was very racist, belittling towards Hispanics and far too snobby as well. After a short period of time I realized my opinion wasn't going to change, so we moved. Best choice we could have ever made, some times you just don't like a place (or hate a place like I hated OC) and it's time to go.

Sounds like you need to move soon, very soon to regain your happiness. Good Luck.

Old 08-26-2011, 08:38 AM

1,742 posts, read 3,117,148 times
Dude, chill. It's the same everywhere. Customer service has been obsolete for the last 10 years. RP

Old 08-26-2011, 08:38 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,620,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CruisingUSA View Post
I am starting to notice more and more that whenever I go to a store or restaurant here in Denver my blood pressure starts boiling and I have to bite my tongue not to tell off someone on an almost daily basis here! I don't know if they don't think Black people deserve decent customer service or what but they need to learn I'm not from here and I will raise hell!

People here seem to take their sweet ass time to do **** around here. It's like hurry the hell up dammit I have things to do!

I can name several examples of bad customer service in just the past week:

Best Buy: I arrived on time to a 3:30 audio install appointment. I pull around the back and the door and garage is locked. I walk around inside the store and the guy supposed to be working on my car spent 20 minutes talking to some customer and I'm just standing there waiting for him to finish and he knew I was there. Then finally he tell another rep to set me up until he's done with the other customer. I went OFF and told him I had a 3:30 appt. and I'm who you should be focused on Meanwhile I'm late for my chiropractic appointment because they dragging along helping someone who probably just walked in.

Perkins: This guy going to give me my to-go order in a doggone box without a bag. It wasn't until I left the place that I realized what he did. I'm like what the hell? Why this fool ain't give me a bag to take this home in. This better not spill!

Gas stations: Some of these people working behind the counter be so slow. I sat in line for like 5 minutes earlier today because the cashier was helping this lady do God knows what counting quarters or whatever.

AutoZone: I had a meltdown couple months ago in an autozone because I was already on a tight time frame. There were several people in line. I waited patiently for like 10 or 15 minutes. This girl had me walk to a register and said someone would ring me up. I turn and see a different cashier ring up someone else! I was like, LOOK! I WAS IN LINE BEFORE HIM, YOU SEE ME STANDING UP HERE AND GOING TO RING HIM UP, DAMMIT I HAVE THINGS TO DO THIS IS RIDICULOUS!

Post Office: I'm getting a money order for $3,000 last week and this lady going to ask me if I won something? As if a Black person my age doesn't have the capability to come across that type of cash. Now I bet if it was some older White person she wouldn't of said anything. She'd be yes siring and yes mam'ing them out the door. So why you have to say that about me?

I can probably name more but these just off the top of my head. And don't tell me this isn't a Denver issue and it's "just general". No...these people in Denver act like they slow and don't have any common sense and stuff like that irritates me. I don't like having to tell people off everytime I go into a store. But I've been having to because they just act so damn silly out here.
This is such crap. How do you know the worker wouldn't have asked a WHITE person if they won something? Do you know how little PO workers make? $3,000 is a lot to them.

Your whole post screams of reverse racism. Quite using race as an excuse. People here are very tolerant of other races even though it isn't that diverse.

You need to relax.

Sounds like you hold everybody to high standard. Were you coddle where you previously lived? You sound like the type of person that would walk into IKEA on the busiest day and you would expect immediate attention.

Life it too short. Instead of being angry, learn how to be patient.

Old 08-26-2011, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by proveick View Post
Dude, chill. It's the same everywhere. Customer service has been obsolete for the last 10 years. RP
Yeah but this person thinks there is a racial element to it here, I don't doubt their experiences or their story. I don't see it, but I also like Denver. When you hate a place, its flaws come into plain view.

Old 08-26-2011, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
This is such crap. How do you know the worker wouldn't have asked a WHITE person if they won something? Do you know how little PO workers make? $3,000 is a lot to them.

Your whole post screams of reverse racism. Quite using race as an excuse. People here are very tolerant of other races even though it isn't that diverse.

You need to relax.

Sounds like you hold everybody to high standard. Were you coddle where you previously lived? You sound like the type of person that would walk into IKEA on the busiest day and you would expect immediate attention.

Life it too short. Instead of being angry, learn how to be patient.
I believe CruisingUSA's story, this is the way they see things here. You or I may not see it the same way. I empathize because I went through the same thing in Orange County, CA.

MOVING IS THE ONLY SOLUTION PERIOD.

Last edited by Mach50; 08-26-2011 at 08:50 AM..

Old 08-26-2011, 08:44 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,462,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Yeah but this person thinks there is a racial element to it here, I don't doubt their experiences or their story. I don't see it, but I also like Denver. When you hate a place, its flaws come into plain view.

TBH, this person thinks there is a racial element to everything negative in his life. When someone complains as constantly and consistently as he does, people stop taking him seriously. Perhaps it's his own negativity that simply breeds additional negativity. Frankly, who wants to be around someone who is so negative all the time? Regardless of race.

Old 08-26-2011, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
TBH, this person thinks there is a racial element to everything negative in his life. When someone complains as constantly and consistently as he does, people stop taking him seriously. Perhaps it's his own negativity that simply breeds additional negativity. Frankly, who wants to be around someone who is so negative all the time? Regardless of race.
So should he just be banned from posting? I have spoke to CruisingUSA via pm's before, he wouldn't make that kind of effort if he was trolling.

Perhaps just lock threads like this from now on, nobody really replies with anything useful anyways. CruisingUSA is really by himself venting to deaf ears.

Old 08-26-2011, 08:52 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,620,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
I don't, no matter what their race is.

Old 08-26-2011, 08:52 AM

1,742 posts, read 3,117,148 times
There's a thousand things I can b*tch about too. Close the thread. :-)

Old 08-26-2011, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by proveick View Post
There's a thousand things I can b*tch about too. Close the thread. :-)
HAHA I really don't have much to b*tch about, so I say leave it open for entertainment purposes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver