Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2007, 08:22 AM

3,378 posts, read 9,210,139 times

Advertisements

Might be relocating to Denver and working out of Centennial and DIA airport. Trying to figure a place to rent. Really dont want to pay more than 800 a month with an apartment with an over sized garage

But closer to the mountains would be nice since I love mountain biking and snowboarding.

Any suggestions?

Being close to those two airports isn't super important though.

What are the rentals like closer to the mountains?

Thanks for any help.

I spent 24 hours out in Gunnison and was able to rent a mountain bike. I think I am in love having mountains around since I live in Dallas now.

James
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2007, 03:38 PM

11 posts, read 23,617 times
Unfortunately, DIA and the mountains are not close to each other. You are probably looking at a few hours drive. Neither is Centennial. Centennial could be close to DIA if you live near E-470. But in Denver get used to driving. We say everything (unless you live downtown) is probably a 45 minute drive. It's worth it however because Centennial is beautiful in parts.
Also, rent will probably get to be about 1100 or 12 or more in those areas. Unless you live in Green Valley ranch, which is even further from the mountains.
Mountain living is much more expensive. If you are single or with no kids, you may find a smaller place with cheaper rent.
Look in Boulder if you absolutely need/want to be close to the mountains. You may be able to commute but it will be a love affair with your car.

Old 10-02-2007, 06:57 PM

2,756 posts, read 12,977,971 times
Well, I think it'd be tough to be close to either airport AND close to the mountains. DIA and particular is far from the mountains, as is Centennial. Your best bet may be somewhere on the 470 corridor, as Centennial and DIA are both right off of E-470 -- although be warned: E-470 is the country's most expensive toll road -- good for occasional use, but you'll go broke if you take it every day. The portion west of I-25 (C-470), is not tolled, but that stretch is very congested.

Old 10-02-2007, 10:15 PM

3,378 posts, read 9,210,139 times
Yeah, after I posted this I made a last minute two day visit to denver and a friend chauffeured me around.

Anyways, my commute is unique. I would say I will have to drive the the airport maybe five to six times a month. And I figure I will be going mountain biking and snowboarding a lot more than that per month.

I ended up finding a nice looking condo that was built in 05 in Arvada. Really close to all the new stuff they are building there. I really wanted to something with two cars worth of garage for under 800. But I was having a hard time finding good apartments in that area starting at 700 plus at least 130 for garages. This place is a compromise but at least it has a view of the mountains from the balcony. And it has an over sized one car. He is letting me do a six month lease too. So, I just need to get my self to denver...so I can scout out where i really want to be.

Regardless, I really enjoyed my visit to Denver. I just loved looking out and seeing the mountains really amazing. Just from my quick visit it really seems like any town usa....but its the stuff to the west that sets denver apart.

I could not believe the tolls on 470. I was really looking at the Centennial area too. But my friend said it would be close to 5 bucks in tolls one way to the airport! And you dont even get a discount if you use their toll transponder.

Anyways thanks for the advice!

James
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver