Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2013, 11:38 AM

2 posts, read 3,475 times

Advertisements

I am planning to tag along with a friend at the end of October to the Clayton area? Can anyone give me a brief description of this area as a whole and how close it is to downtown Denver. Also, because our location is not set in stone, would someone be able to provide a list of areas in and around Denver to avoid. Thanks so much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2013, 12:15 PM

6,804 posts, read 9,357,536 times
It's relatively close to downtown. Whittier, Cole, Five Points, Uptown, etc are closer. Personally, I'm not a huge fan of Clayton but it's not horrible, just rough around the edges. Being that your screenname is bookworm420, I'm curious to know if you are interested in Denver because of weed.

Old 08-03-2013, 12:50 PM

3,158 posts, read 6,124,244 times
I am choosing not to help.

Basically it looks as though you are a person who is very much into weed (420) who is short with the person who suggests that this question has been asked and answered many times, but doesn't believe that they have 4 hours in the next two months to research the most important move of his/her life.

Good luck.

Last edited by davidv; 08-03-2013 at 02:09 PM..

Old 08-12-2013, 06:37 AM

2 posts, read 3,475 times
Actually 4-20 is my birthday and no I don't use drugs, not that it's anyone's business. This is the most unfriendly site I've ever visited. I am a full time student and professional who holds a 3.8 GPA and the ignorance on this site is quite comical. David, if you don't want to help someone, just don't help them. The fact that you have to publicly announce this shows your maturity. To those who were rude, you are the most condescending, judgmental people I've ever come across on a forum. The reason I asked this question in the first place is because I had to weed (no pun intended) through pages of useless information posted by people like yourselves. After two hours of searching for the information I was seeking, I gave up. I work a 60 hour work week and have a full course load and this site has been the biggest waste of my time thus far. "Most important move of my life." And you know this how? I hope you are not a true representation of what people are like in Denver.

Old 08-12-2013, 08:03 AM

11,474 posts, read 11,559,641 times
Plenty of questions get answered on here. Might want to look at how they are asked. As a hint they include budget, work/school location, priorities in neighborhood and housing, and typically a willingness to look at other threads. Asking people to respond to a question like "what areas should I avoid" which has literally been asked and answered a dozen times in the few months I have been on this site and then telling us you don't have time to use the search feature would insinuate that you somehow think your time is more valuable than ours and that we are here simply to serve your needs.

As for how far Clayton is from downtown, Google maps figured this out for me in a few nanoseconds.

Old 08-12-2013, 08:20 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,617,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookworm420 View Post
Actually 4-20 is my birthday and no I don't use drugs, not that it's anyone's business. This is the most unfriendly site I've ever visited. I am a full time student and professional who holds a 3.8 GPA and the ignorance on this site is quite comical. David, if you don't want to help someone, just don't help them. The fact that you have to publicly announce this shows your maturity. To those who were rude, you are the most condescending, judgmental people I've ever come across on a forum. The reason I asked this question in the first place is because I had to weed (no pun intended) through pages of useless information posted by people like yourselves. After two hours of searching for the information I was seeking, I gave up. I work a 60 hour work week and have a full course load and this site has been the biggest waste of my time thus far. "Most important move of my life." And you know this how? I hope you are not a true representation of what people are like in Denver.
420 has a huge meaning here so your screen name threw some of the grumpy old contributors off. As far as Clayton goes I have no information on it. I just want to apologize on behalf of the other posters. It is very friendly and laid back here. Best of luck with your move.

Old 08-12-2013, 09:48 AM

12,841 posts, read 9,567,574 times
Why not just answer his question?

Old 08-12-2013, 10:27 AM

4,306 posts, read 13,473,128 times
Bookworm, try not to let the misery-guts who troll this site put you off. Most of Denver is quite friendly and approachable. Some of us do admittedly get a little frustrated with some posters who don't seem to do any research before coming here but it looks like you already did that. And I know that asking people who are local often gives better information than simply using the worst research tool on earth: Google.

I'm not familiar with the Clayton area (I've only driven thro on the way to other places) other than it seems to be close to some nicer areas (eg; City Park). Not tremendously close to downtown - you'd have to drive or bus it - but I wouldn't live there if other areas were available to me. Can you give us an idea of your budget, renting or buying, where would you be working, etc?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver