Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2013, 11:03 AM

22,378 posts, read 29,497,078 times

Advertisements

Ok I'll throw in my 6 month review from moving from Miami:

Pros:

gorgeous weather
activities to do
different seasons
can do a ton of day trips or quick get aways to something different

Cons:
not that many attractive people-they are everywhere in Miami (only 2 eye candys at the gym)
getting used to altitude was hard
lack of Ruth Chris
bad drivers but not as bad as Miami
roads suck

other than that it's fine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2013, 12:11 PM

11,474 posts, read 11,584,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
Ok I'll throw in my 6 month review from moving from Miami:

Pros:

gorgeous weather
activities to do
different seasons
can do a ton of day trips or quick get aways to something different

Cons:
not that many attractive people-they are everywhere in Miami (only 2 eye candys at the gym)
getting used to altitude was hard
lack of Ruth Chris
bad drivers but not as bad as Miami
roads suck

other than that it's fine.
Ruth's Chris used to be here, but there are far better steakhouses if that is your thing.

Have you been to Del Frisco's? I put that place up against anything, anywhere. I take customers out to the Las Vegas location all the time and would argue that it is the best steak in Vegas (which is definitely saying something.)

Also worth checking out Elway's or Shanahan's.

If you want eye candy at the gym, go to the 24 hour fitness on Colorado Blvd.

Old 11-27-2013, 04:04 PM

I've been to Elways and it was very good. I knew RC went out of business for tax reasons. We're heading to Vegas in June but we really like Delmonico's in the Venetian. Never tried Del Frisco's. I'll put that on my list.

I'm thinking that gym is too far from me and I'm there at 5:15am anyways. I do go to 24hr but in Lakewood. But thanks for the idea

Old 11-27-2013, 04:30 PM

11,474 posts, read 11,584,249 times
Quote:
I've been to Elways and it was very good. I knew RC went out of business for tax reasons. We're heading to Vegas in June but we really like Delmonico's in the Venetian. Never tried Del Frisco's. I'll put that on my list.

I'm thinking that gym is too far from me and I'm there at 5:15am anyways. I do go to 24hr but in Lakewood. But thanks for the idea
No need to wait for Vegas. Just hit the one in DTC. It's every bit as good.

Old 11-28-2013, 03:50 PM

Hmmm I shall do that!! Thanks

Old 11-29-2013, 01:15 PM

3 posts, read 4,030 times
Great post. Very helpful. Thank you

Old 11-30-2013, 09:20 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,258,075 times
Quote:

24 Hour on Colorado Blvd. has lots of strippers and young gay guys. I think that should cover eye candy for anyone lol!

Old 11-30-2013, 11:37 PM

529 posts, read 1,549,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Had a trip to L.A. in Sept and noted that although their freeways are burdened by volume, the drivers there were a pretty darned good lot compared to the wild men here. I saw a few hot doggers weaving in and out but when I go up to Denver, a higher percentage of drivers on I-25 are just lunatics about speeding and have no patience. Lack of a 3rd lane each way between Castle Rock and COLO SPGS is a factor that increases the frustration level and manic impatience of drivers.
I'll never understand why people think any drivers are worse in a certain city when compared to any other city. People need to realize that their comfort zone and style of driving that they're used to from their home state and city doesn't equal "the norm". Plus most Denver residents aren't from Denver, so if everyone from other cities drive normal compared to Denver, wouldn't that mean all of the transplants from those cities now in Denver are good drivers, and therefore Denver drivers are good? Or is it just the 10% of the native population are bad drivers and this stands out to the level most people on this forum make it out to be? I don't think so!

There's plenty of bad drivers in Denver, but by no means is it the only city with bad drivers. It's all subjective!

There is no "normal" style of driving other than obeying the law completely, and no city in the world can claim to have 100% of its drivers doing this!

Everyone in L.A. speeds their asses off! That's why there's fewer accidents there than you would assume (though there's still plenty). Everyone is breaking the law together in L.A.! Washington D.C., Detroit, and Texas cities are the same way.

The Washington D.C. beltway is one of the scariest highways in the world in my opinion, so many speeders and reckless drivers and plenty of accidents as well. I'll driver 20 over just to be able to flow with traffic in D.C. and people will still try and run me over to go faster and cut me off!

I'm used to DC driving now and have never complained about it anyways because I know it's just that city's style of driving, I don't act as if I'm right and everyone in D.C. is a bad driver just because I'm not from there and think my style is "normal" like so many people seem to do on this forum especially about Denver. If you're from D.C. you may think the drivers there are "good" because that's what you're used to, but again this means nothing. Someone from Denver may think the opposite, and neither person is right!

Overall I guess people in Denver should just start all breaking the law together and speed like crazy like they di in CA, then everyone would be speeding and traffic would flow smoothly. You'd have to convince the police to go along with this method though! I guess Detroit and L.A. figured out how though.

Last edited by JMM64; 12-01-2013 at 12:05 AM..

Old 11-30-2013, 11:38 PM

529 posts, read 1,549,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Funny, I agree totally with the OP about driving around here. I've lived in bigger cities than Denver (Seattle, DC), and you expect big cities to have worse traffic. Nope.

Denver traffic blows. And a lot (though not all) of the folks around here can't drive worth a ****. LOL.
You do realize that Seattle and Washington D.C. are the same size as Denver right? The metro areas are slightly larger but not by a large scale.

Last edited by JMM64; 11-30-2013 at 11:49 PM..

Old 11-30-2013, 11:47 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,501,951 times
While divers aren't great here I still think So Cal is the worst I have seen. I have seen and witnessed some ugly road rage incidents. People change lanes/cut in front of your with 1/2 car length at 80? a bit much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver