Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2013, 07:22 PM

17,710 posts, read 29,829,274 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
Davebarnes neglected to tell you that when your income hits six figures you are required to upgrade to Audi and Patagonia.
Audi, yes. (We own a 2007 Audi A3 with 25K miles on it.)
Patagonia, no. Columbia.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2013, 08:39 PM

11,474 posts, read 11,562,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davebarnes View Post
Audi, yes. (We own a 2007 Audi A3 with 25K miles on it.)
Patagonia, no. Columbia.
Are you Nebraskan?

Old 11-17-2013, 09:06 PM

17,710 posts, read 29,829,274 times
Default No

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
Are you Nebraskan?
I moved to Colorado from Massachusetts in 1980.

Old 11-17-2013, 09:07 PM

8 posts, read 18,143 times
I would definetly upgrade to an Audi!! No im not Nebraskan!I am a Texan but, I do love Nebraska though.

Old 11-17-2013, 09:33 PM

546 posts, read 1,818,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
What's wrong with skiing in jeans?
I was on a lift at Purgatory in Durango and saw a large group of what I'm thinking were Texans skiing down the hill in cowboy hats and jeans. It was so funny! Texans LOVE Durango. That was about 15 years ago and I still smile thinking about it. They were so happy and friendly. I love Texans.

An interesting thing about the Denver metro area is there are people here from everywhere. That is something I really love about this place. Chances are you will even have a fellow Texan living in your neighborhood. Better to be a Texan than a Californian around here-ha ha.

We actually lived in Texas for many years. I had a hard time adjusting because I felt that people seemed kind of close minded there and the politics were very conservative. I ended up really liking it there, but I love it here. I have to be honest, I did get a few comments when we still had our TX license plates but nothing horrible. At the car wash they didn't know I understand Spanish and as they were cleaning my car the attendant said, "this dirty car is from Texas. It probably has bugs."

Trust me, you will have no issues here and don't be afraid to say you are from Texas! After all, it is the greatest country in the world, right?

Old 11-17-2013, 10:08 PM

8 posts, read 18,143 times
Winter01 that is the funniest comment I ever read. I too understand and speak spanish, thats the highlight of my day here in the country of Texas. I dislike this place so much same reasons politics. I am definetly going skiing, but I doubt it will be Wranglers and a Cowboy hat lol!

Old 11-18-2013, 07:25 AM

802 posts, read 984,366 times
you're gonna love the climate and altitude change. politics and weather are much more interesting. might as well get both of 'em - subie or jeep AND a pickup. different wheels for different roads. save some money for exploration expenses. you may want to escape the city a lot when you see the mountains. it'll take awhile for the drawl to change - in either language.

Old 11-18-2013, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Yes I'm aware. If we are playing the brands that identify you with a state game, Columbia screams Nebraska to me.

If you are going for rad Colorado guy with some cash, nothing screams that like Patagucci (they do make great stuff, but they're very proud of it).

Old 11-18-2013, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Yes I'm aware. If we are playing the brands that identify you with a state game, Columbia screams Nebraska tourist to me.

If you are going for rad Colorado guy with some cash, nothing screams that like Patagucci (they do make great stuff, but they're very proud of it).

Old 11-19-2013, 10:58 AM

215 posts, read 771,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mic111 View Post
So untrue. In truth no one will care one whit about you. That is one of the problems people note when they move here. The live and let live attitude comes across as not really caring or noticing much about others. People tend to be very self involved in their recreational pursuits and identify with birds of a feather based on activities and interests.

I don't know about that.

I lived in Colorado and when people found out I was from New York City they were releaved that I didn't say I was from Texas. I don't care where people are from, but people in Colorado weren't exactly quiet about their hatred for Texans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver