Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2006, 01:47 AM

26 posts, read 198,744 times

Advertisements

Lets set the record straight! Californians well move here, but at this point don't really have an option to move back. However, my wife and I love it here. We moved from California just 6 months ago and so far we are having a total blast! Snow, awesome never lived anywhere it snowed before. Heavy snow like two weeks ago, at least I thought it was, was awesome. Tricky to drive in, but different. I couldn't stop looking out the window, kid in a candy store! Cold, heck yeah especially coming from California! But, if you move here and expect it to be totally similar, then you can always get your head examined.

If someone from out of state especially like California come here or dream about living here, well think about it real hard. It can snow from September to June! When we got here, on May 5th, people told us not to plant any flowers until Mothers Day! At least you wont have to worry about mowing your lawn year round any longer!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2006, 08:52 AM

955 posts, read 3,648,894 times
you can check realtor.com or craigslist.com and get a good feel for housing prices in different metro areas... lots of variety depending on what you want!

Old 11-11-2006, 12:04 PM

1,408 posts, read 5,096,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corndog View Post
It can snow from September to June! When we got here, on May 5th, people told us not to plant any flowers until Mothers Day! At least you wont have to worry about mowing your lawn year round any longer!!!!!!!!!
LOL! We were visiting the Buena Vista and surrounding areas in June of 2005. Had snow the middle of June! And we were out driving around when it first started snowing, so I drove thru Independence Pass during a snowstorm! Bet if anyone saw my Florida tags that day, they'd have gotten off the roads!

Old 11-28-2006, 11:56 PM

7 posts, read 59,745 times
I have lived in Buena Vista most all of my life, yes we do have to drive 1 1/2 hrs to see the big city. Our closest city is Colorado Springs and the drive is not that bad at all, you get a chance to see the beautiful scenery all the way. 30 minutes away is Salida which has a super walmart, safeway and all the immenities that you need for your family.

We also have several natural hotspring pools all around us, skiing, horseback riding and gold water fishing in the arkansas river.

Our major problem is employment and lack there of. My dh works at the state department of corrections and i work in retail at walmart. i hope that this helps. Check out Colorado Springs area too it is beautiful and not so clustered as Denver area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver