Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2008, 09:18 AM

2 posts, read 37,531 times

Advertisements

So I am moving from Fort Lauderdale to Denver . Glad to be out of South Florida. Tired of lack of jobs and so forth... Anyways I need a decent dominican or Puerto Rican hair salon. Any suggestions? I would die if I can't get my hair blown out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2008, 10:24 AM

3,530 posts, read 9,717,818 times
well.... I'm black and I have a tough time finding stylists, so I'm betting you will really have a hard time finding a Dominican/Puerto Rican salon. This is so NOT south Florida. There is this website I go to often, maybe this will help you out? It's got tons of info and referrals for Denver salons.

Welcome to NaturallyCurly.com!

There is a salon here in Highlands that supposedly specializes in curly hair and the Deva method, a NY thing. I'm thinking of going here as soon as I get the guts. I've had some real horror stories from stylists here, so be very careful in choosing. Shapes Salon and Studio: a Denver, Colorado salon specializing in Schwarzkopf hair color and curly hair.

Anyway, not to divert...but can I ask what line of work you are in? I noticed you said you were tired of lack of jobs and I'm planning a move to Miami in about 1 1/2 - 2 yrs. Thanks!

Old 12-03-2008, 12:43 AM

1 posts, read 18,743 times
I am Puerto Rican who moved here not too long ago and went thru the same process. I found a great Venezuelan hair salon in Aurora, which I completely recommend. The address is: 15433 E. Hampden, Aurora 80013 and ask for Mike. You will love him!

Old 12-03-2008, 05:37 AM

4 posts, read 33,792 times
This is so good to know, because I am looking to relocate too

Old 12-03-2008, 09:23 AM

oh thanks so much wave!!!!!! They can probably handle my kinky hair too although I'm not Dominican.

Old 12-03-2008, 09:10 PM

2 posts, read 37,531 times
Talking thanks

omg thanks so much. I am planning on coming up in feb so I will check it out!

Old 01-26-2009, 12:19 PM

1 posts, read 18,481 times
I went to this salon to see Mike, amazing this guy, you'll love him. For me he's the best in town doing hair.......... is very cute too

I got his number (cell) 303- 901-9213
Go there is very professional

Old 01-26-2009, 01:20 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,215,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanttomoveeast View Post
well.... I'm black and I have a tough time finding stylists, so I'm betting you will really have a hard time finding a Dominican/Puerto Rican salon. This is so NOT south Florida. There is this website I go to often, maybe this will help you out? It's got tons of info and referrals for Denver salons.

Welcome to NaturallyCurly.com!

There is a salon here in Highlands that supposedly specializes in curly hair and the Deva method, a NY thing. I'm thinking of going here as soon as I get the guts. I've had some real horror stories from stylists here, so be very careful in choosing. Shapes Salon and Studio: a Denver, Colorado salon specializing in Schwarzkopf hair color and curly hair.

Anyway, not to divert...but can I ask what line of work you are in? I noticed you said you were tired of lack of jobs and I'm planning a move to Miami in about 1 1/2 - 2 yrs. Thanks!
Maybe you two could just trade jobs!

Regarding hair, do these salons specialize in hear that's a mixure of African/Euro hair types? I'm already running into problems w/one of our son's hair - he's got a thick head of hair, but it's getting tangled. I'm trying some leave in conditioner for babies, but not sure if it's the right thing to use on this type of hair. I don't think we'll get his hair cut until their first birthday in May though. Until then, he sort of has a "Don King" situation going on. His brother, not so much - he's a baldy still.

Old 01-27-2009, 11:00 AM

Well, Denverian, with kinky hair, it's hard, especially here in dry dry dry Denver. I found that even if I go with a cheap (read: drugstore) shampoo, I spend money when I buy conditioners. A really good one is Biolage's Detangling Lotion. It's not actually meant to be a leave in, but I use it as one. It's so good you hardly need more than a dime for my shoulder-length hair. Give it a try. About once a year I run a relaxer thru my hair to relieve the kinkiness, but I don't think I'd want to use it on kids, pretty chemically. Check out the link I posted, because curly is curly and comes in a wide variety of shapes and sizes, no matter what your color. So if you find a salon that specializes in curly, you'll probably be good to go.

Old 03-06-2009, 06:02 AM

1 posts, read 18,227 times
Default black hair salons in colorado springs

I'm getting ready to relocate to Fort Carson, Colorado and I was wondering if anyone knew of any black hair salons in colorado springs or close by?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver