Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2014, 02:30 PM

1,175 posts, read 1,286,072 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
The guy has a history of seizures. Fact. should he be driving? I don't think so.
People with seizures should not do three things:
1. Drive
2. Swim
3. Drink

That's what doctors told to one of my friends who has seizures due to brain tumor.

Of course there are many others like handling a gun but the above three are what the doctors considered parts of daily life that should be avoided.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2014, 03:37 PM

224 posts, read 559,763 times
I wonder if the OP has been listening to Dan Kaplis' morning radio show (KNUS). Personal injury lawyer Caplis has been hammering hard, with former sidekick Silverman chiming in, on the suspicion that the driver hit the cops on purpose. I think those two have an inflated sense that their "radio investigative reporting" is going to uncover a conspiracy they can pin on the mayor, the governor...whichever Dem official du jour they have it out for. Their theory appears to be that the mayor ordered a cover-up because the driver is black. Or maybe they just want to boost their ratings, eh?

Old 12-09-2014, 04:42 PM

1,424 posts, read 1,939,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert5 View Post
I did qualify it by saying "probably". Maybe, maybe not the best choice of words, "possibly" may have have been a better choice, I was rushing to to finish my response as I had an appointment, and this is just the internet. And keep it in context, I was just responding to someone else. I do know, since I did a property and Court search on him (and no one else has), that he does not own, nor has he ever owned, any real estate in the Denver metro area. And that he has a pattern of civil judgments against him. Having done hundreds of such similar searches, when a 41 year old guy has no record of any real property transactions, and he has a pattern of civil judgments against him, I can reasonably say that he is "probably" financially stressed, and that the logical extension of that is that most people that are financially stressed owe more on their vehicles that they the are worth. That is how on earth one can form an opinion of someone else's financial status. You guys have a serious lack of imagination and research skills, don't *assume* that everyone else is equally lacking in those areas.
eta: you don't even live in Denver.... ppppttt
First of all, I moved from CO in October, live in Glenwood Springs and before that Capitol Hill and City Park West- but I'm not sure how that in any way disqualifies anyone's opinion on this issue.

From the picture, the car is most certainly a circa 2000 Mercedes E320, and they go for around $2,500-$5000 these days. Not exactly "out of reach" of the common man. It's not rare to have judgments against you, to have financial difficulties, or be upside down on a car. After all, they're depreciating objects. But even if he was in some debt, taking out your main form of transportation so that you could get literally nothing from an insurance company on a 15 year old car makes no sense. And then to double down on the dumbest plot ever by taking out cops is the silliest thing I've heard all day.

That's great that you have some type of junior detective online judgement lookup subscription. I'm not sure why you've conducted hundreds of searches. But it doesn't mean that know how to connect the dots. Rather, it sounds like you like to daydream on a regular basis, and don't give the benefit of the doubt everyone equally.

Old 12-09-2014, 07:09 PM

4,031 posts, read 2,716,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert5 View Post
I did qualify it by saying "probably". Maybe, maybe not the best choice of words, "possibly" may have have been a better choice, I was rushing to to finish my response as I had an appointment, and this is just the internet. And keep it in context, I was just responding to someone else. I do know, since I did a property and Court search on him (and no one else has), that he does not own, nor has he ever owned, any real estate in the Denver metro area. And that he has a pattern of civil judgments against him. Having done hundreds of such similar searches, when a 41 year old guy has no record of any real property transactions, and he has a pattern of civil judgments against him, I can reasonably say that he is "probably" financially stressed, and that the logical extension of that is that most people that are financially stressed owe more on their vehicles that they the are worth. That is how on earth one can form an opinion of someone else's financial status. You guys have a serious lack of imagination and research skills, don't *assume* that everyone else is equally lacking in those areas.
eta: you don't even live in Denver.... ppppttt
Cite, please....as in, please give us the exact links to where you found this information, post the 'official' information (scan the paperwork) rather than merely 'transcribing' and expecting us to take your word for it.

Personally, I'm not quite buying that he 'did this on purpose'. Even if he was supporting the demonstration (which is his right), it doesn't necessarily follow that he meant to do harm.

Demonstrate proof of your allegations before you scream for blood. And don't forget to offer your most excellent lawyering skills to the city/county of Denver, clearly they need a man like you on the job.

Old 12-10-2014, 09:14 AM

694 posts, read 1,039,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo Cardinal View Post
Cite, please....as in, please give us the exact links to where you found this information, post the 'official' information (scan the paperwork) rather than merely 'transcribing' and expecting us to take your word for it.

Personally, I'm not quite buying that he 'did this on purpose'. Even if he was supporting the demonstration (which is his right), it doesn't necessarily follow that he meant to do harm.

Demonstrate proof of your allegations before you scream for blood. And don't forget to offer your most excellent lawyering skills to the city/county of Denver, clearly they need a man like you on the job.
Indigo, that is an excellent response to our resident law clerk . . . . I just also did a search and there were 16 court actions involving a "Christopher Booker" in the State of Colorado, with only 1 in the County of Denver. The others are from Arapahoe, El Paso, Larimer, and Mesa Counties. However, there is absolutely no proof that this is the same person. I did not check PACER for any possible federal court actions.

Also, liked the post about Dan Caplis and his radio show. Caplis has been making waves since his days as a CU undergrad (See, Life Magazine "The New Youth" - Special Edition, Fall 1977). I'm not in favor of lawyers who engage in heavy advertising, the worst being Franklin Azar (arrested for DUI - tried to run away when the cops stopped him).

I do like Craig Silverman. He served the public well as a Deputy DA. Although I don't as a practice listen to Craig on the radio, the times I have, he always offered some excellent insight on a case, especially in the criminal arena. I believe if he tried the James King case, there would have been a conviction.

Old 12-10-2014, 10:16 AM

224 posts, read 559,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyDenver View Post
I do like Craig Silverman. He served the public well as a Deputy DA. Although I don't as a practice listen to Craig on the radio, the times I have, he always offered some excellent insight on a case, especially in the criminal arena. I believe if he tried the James King case, there would have been a conviction.
I enjoy Craig's commentary most of the time. He's eons more balanced in his views than Caplis, and his Saturday a.m. show is always interesting. But on this Booker thing he appears to be shifting into Caplis-mode. I think his expose of Hickenlooper's careless death penalty comments gave him a bit of a swelled head. Still, with no more progressive AM radio in Denver (after ClearChannel killed AM 760), he's the only game in town if you want to hear something more than tireless conservative yada yada.

Old 12-11-2014, 07:17 AM

3 posts, read 4,046 times
Default suspicious

if the report is true that Booker was honking and waving in support of the "protesters" before he rammed the cops, then it's plausible he thought ramming the cops was some sort of twisted revenge, and he could get away with it claiming another "seizure"

Old 12-11-2014, 07:44 AM

3,158 posts, read 6,125,290 times
Here is my take on your post.

If the main reason you do not believe he had a seizure is because Chris Booker is black, then your racial bias (note: I did NOT say racism) has skewed your thinking.

Throwing out careless and premature conclusions based on your racial bias and then looking for reasons to support is poor "detective" work. You have already determined his story to be a lie and you are looking for possible ways to discredit him based on your theories, and all of this is based on the fact that he is black and may possibly support the kids' actions.

Conducting an investigation, gathering a body of facts, and creating the best plausible conclusion based on the facts (not rampant speculation) is the correct way forward.

If the driver were white, you'd have no problem believing he had a seizure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver