Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2015, 09:22 AM

5 posts, read 8,332 times

Advertisements

Hello all,
I have read many posts, but I am not finding what I need. We would like to be near dirt running trails, bike paths, and would love it if public transportation could be taken to Buckley AFB. We like a small town feel. Even an hour commute would be fine if it was on the light rail so my husband could just read a book. We would like a very safe neighborhood. Thank you very much for any help you can provide. Have a great day
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2015, 09:32 AM

11,477 posts, read 11,555,088 times
Budget, bedrooms, lot size, house size, budget, budget?

Old 02-12-2015, 12:11 PM

Our budget is $450,000. We need 3 bedrooms. A yard with about 1/4 acre would be great!

Old 02-12-2015, 02:46 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,698,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrysmom3739 View Post
Hello all,
I have read many posts, but I am not finding what I need. We would like to be near dirt running trails, bike paths, and would love it if public transportation could be taken to Buckley AFB. We like a small town feel. Even an hour commute would be fine if it was on the light rail so my husband could just read a book. We would like a very safe neighborhood. Thank you very much for any help you can provide. Have a great day
There is not currently any light rail to/from Buckley AFB.

There are buses that run pretty close but that's it for now.

Route 10 goes right to the base:
RTD

You can transfer to/from that line to other adjoining lines for free.

Lots of folks stationed/working at Buckley live along the Tower Rd. corridor. This consists mostly of single-family and apartment homes pretty much all in very safe suburban neighborhoods.
There are plenty of green spaces/running trails/bike paths in this area.

This house is located near lots of open space and has a good-sized yard:

Real Estate & Homes For Sale - 18 Homes - Zillow

Old 02-12-2015, 03:40 PM

17,709 posts, read 29,812,481 times
"Small town feel" does not compute in greater Denver.

Where are coming from?

Old 02-12-2015, 05:20 PM

5,118 posts, read 3,415,867 times
If you don't need mass transit, southeast Aurora is an easy commute to Buckley (20-25 minutes, depending on your gate) and most of the homes here are a good fit for your budget, both resale and new builds. A lot of people who work at Buckley live near Southlands, in neighborhoods like Southshore, Tallyn's Reach and Saddle Rock. Safe newish area, good schools, parks, lots of children, nice views. It's a suburb, not a small town, but it has a nice feel.

Old 02-12-2015, 08:28 PM

I really appreciate all this information. I will look at route 10, the Tower rd. corridor, and southeast Aurora. Would Erie and Westminster be 45 minute commutes to Buckley AFB without traffic? We are coming from potato land....wheat fields, and cow pastures.

Old 02-12-2015, 09:20 PM

17,709 posts, read 29,812,481 times
Quote:
Would Erie and Westminster be 45 minute commutes to Buckley AFB without traffic? We are coming from potato land....wheat fields, and cow pastures.
No

Old 02-13-2015, 03:08 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,098,699 times
Quote:
I really appreciate all this information. I will look at route 10, the Tower rd. corridor, and southeast Aurora. Would Erie and Westminster be 45 minute commutes to Buckley AFB without traffic? We are coming from potato land....wheat fields, and cow pastures.
You could make it from Erie to Buckley in 45 minutes if there were no traffic (it's about 40 miles of highway driving) - but the commute would be on an expensive toll road. And if there were traffic or bad weather, it would be much longer. Westminster is closer, but the traffic would be much worse.

I'll second the poster who recommended SE Aurora. If public transit is a big thing for your husband, look at Lowry (the 10 bus goes near there) - but you won't get land there, and your budget might be a little low.

Last edited by hammertime33; 02-13-2015 at 03:18 PM..

Old 02-13-2015, 03:39 PM

This is very helpful information. Thank you very much to everyone who is sharing information. Tallyn's Reach, Southlands, Southshore, and Saddle Rock look great. I will continue to research those areas. Does anyone have experience with the schools in those areas? I know Cherry Creek school district is good. We are wondering about private schools as well. I am not sure that we can afford them, but we really need a low student teacher ratio. I have 2 elementary age children that need extra help and a smaller class size. Thanks again for all your help!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver