Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2015, 08:12 PM

3 posts, read 3,389 times

Advertisements

Hello, my name is Andrew, and my fiancé and I both got good jobs in Denver, we're looking to relocate but we don't have the best credit history. Does anyone by chance know a company or person that will work with my situation? If so please let me know. Thank you for your time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2015, 08:59 PM

2,401 posts, read 3,256,972 times
What does your credit profile look like? What negative items are there?

You may want to rent for a while to work on your credit if you're looking to buy sometime down the road.

Old 03-03-2015, 09:07 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,617,630 times
You need to provide more information. What does your budget look like and what can you afford for housing? Where is work?

Old 03-04-2015, 08:23 AM

694 posts, read 1,039,707 times
Without knowing your score, negative entries on a credit report can be explained. However, if you are talking constant late payments, charge-offs, a bankruptcy here or there . . . you will have serious issues. You will need to demonstrate a serious commitment to financial responsibility since your last negative entry.

I have heard that after a bankruptcy is discharged you will be flooded with credit card offers. Why? Because these companies know you need a new card, they can charge you 20% interest, and most importantly, you can't file bankruptcy for another 7 years.

Old 03-04-2015, 12:44 PM

No bankruptcy just an eviction and student loans, I'm looking to rent for right now but hard to find an apartment that will work with us, I guess that was my real question finding and apartment complex to work with us, our combined income is about 5000 A month, my fiancé's work is in Lakewood my job is in glendale. I'm just looking for an apartment complex that might show a little understanding

Old 03-04-2015, 01:21 PM

3,127 posts, read 5,053,725 times
Have you paid back the people who had to evict you their back rent and the expense of the eviction? That will probably go a long way toward getting landlords to work with you.

Old 03-04-2015, 05:03 PM

694 posts, read 1,039,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardscapelandscape View Post
No bankruptcy just an eviction and student loans, I'm looking to rent for right now but hard to find an apartment that will work with us, I guess that was my real question finding and apartment complex to work with us, our combined income is about 5000 A month, my fiancé's work is in Lakewood my job is in glendale. I'm just looking for an apartment complex that might show a little understanding
You will have a lot explaining to do after being evicted for not paying rent. You are going to have to a really good story as to why another apartment management company should risk not being paid and then having to pay attorney fees to get you evicted.

As to your student loans, I make my payment every month. Convince me why I should be sympathetic in that regard.

Old 03-04-2015, 06:42 PM

Look, everyone has a story. I don't need to explain myself, I was just asking for help trying to find a place to live. I wasn't asking for sympathy, just advice if anyone had it. I didn't know I would be bashed for asking a question.

Old 03-04-2015, 06:56 PM

11,474 posts, read 11,559,641 times
My advice is find a condo or house that is being leased by the owner, not an apartment company. You will have much better luck convincing an owner than an employee of a leasing agency.

Old 03-04-2015, 08:41 PM

481 posts, read 1,300,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
My advice is find a condo or house that is being leased by the owner, not an apartment company. You will have much better luck convincing an owner than an employee of a leasing agency.
I second this suggestion. I strictly rent from owners that advertise, show and lease a place on their own. My credit is very good, I just prefer going directly through the owner. I've been burned by property management companies and corporate apartment complexes in the past that charge a $25 to $50 application fee and then never hear from them again. When that happened several times in a row, I lost any trust in property managers and their scams.

Often dealing directly with the owner is easier. Some don't bother with credit and background checks. Just be careful because some of those that don't are flat out slum lords.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver