Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2008, 02:51 PM

6 posts, read 69,049 times

Advertisements

Whats denver nightlife like? Good options? Does the city support its nightlife like Austin or does it try to suppress it?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2008, 08:41 PM

1 posts, read 5,885 times
deffinetly! go to LODOS downtown denver..... it'll be a blast! i've been to Austin and loved it! 16th street mall and surrounding area is a great place to find maybe what your looking for.. good luck

Old 02-05-2008, 10:24 PM

163 posts, read 774,055 times
I haven't been out too much yet. but.....there's a crapload of bars and places to drink/hang out in this town. Waaaay more then where I moved from, Sacramento.

More bars/lounges/clubs etc. then I'll ever be able to sample.

Old 02-06-2008, 11:04 AM

43 posts, read 289,490 times
Denver is a great place for going out!

Lodo, as mentioned is where it all begins. You can find any type of bar down there. What, specifically, are you looking for and I'm sure some suggestions could be made.

The SoCo (South of Colfax) is more of you club scene. Not really my cup of tea, but a lot of people seem to like it.

Those are the main spots for Denver, but there are some great neighborhood bars in the older hoods as well as some other smaller areas like Baker, Uptown, and the Highlands.

Old 02-07-2008, 06:00 PM

16 posts, read 77,187 times
Default Depends

Personally, I hate LODO. Lotsa guys in shiney shirts if you know what I mean. Meat market. Then, when the bars close all the d-bags that didn't find a hootchy for the night flow into the street and fight each other. Serious lack of brains.

I prefer the dirty dirty - dive bars with class. Looking to drink, then here are my recommendations
the bar-bar
larimer lounge
hi-dive
streets of london
dulcinea's
sancho's
cervantes
hornet (not a dive, but good food and specials)
skylark lounge - upstairs bar whatever it is called
that should keep you drunk for a bit

Old 04-07-2008, 07:56 AM

1,536 posts, read 6,088,882 times
Also check out Denver - News for nightlife. The city doesn't surpress it but a close watch is kept on it, especially at 2:00 am when the clubs close. I prefer jazz at Jaxs or Dazzel, also the Cruise Room at the Oxford or Funky Buddha are all great for just hanging out and not for the hook up crowd.

Old 04-06-2015, 02:20 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,499,454 times
I've been hitting some concerts lately at the smaller venues around Denver: Bluebird, The Gotchic, Fillmore are all pretty sweet.

Actually my wife and I are heading out see Kiesza tonight at the Gothic... should be good.

The Gothic Theatre :: Kiesza
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver