Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2015, 01:11 PM

11,474 posts, read 11,589,442 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumline View Post
I think there's a phallic joke in there but with the quote it's responding to I can't tell what you are trying to say
OP goes out of his way to tell us that he carries a gun but doesn't want to have to shoot anyone. Seemed kind of strange to me. I'm not sure what it had to do with cars being broken in to. If he is really worried about having to shoot anyone maybe he shouldn't have a gun?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesdenver View Post
Which isn't really an issue with car theft since you can just walk to the end of your driveway, wake them up and tell them to go home.
Exactly!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2015, 01:23 PM

9 posts, read 7,000 times
Why do you have a fire extinguisher if you hope to never have to use it? Use your head.

BTW, I didn't "go out of my way" to do anything. It was a small detail in my post I included in case another CCL holder had input.

Jesus ****ing christ.

Old 09-18-2015, 01:25 PM

897 posts, read 1,254,880 times
Sorry SkyDog77 - normally I like your posts but you did kind of go out of your way to insult the guy this time.

We live in CO, many people conceal carry. It's not that big a deal

Op I can't speak to many neighborhoods but on nextdoor.com I read a lot about vandelism and car break ins here in Park Hill. Having a mustang gt of course will paint a target on your car - not in a bad way it just sticks out as I'm sure you know. So you know... I don't know if I would live in the city neighborhoods without a garage / underground parking if I was worried about my car

When we lived Downtown we parked in a garage across the street that was gated and underground. Maybe something like that would work for you?

In short: Denver isn't unusually bad when it comes to property crime but as with any city there is some of that here so if you are concerned I would find some means of protecting my car and assume that if it's a walkable neighborhood there is risk there

Last edited by ayoitzrimz; 09-18-2015 at 01:35 PM..

Old 09-18-2015, 02:11 PM

117 posts, read 138,720 times
Lives in Birmingham, AL and is worried about crime in Denver, CO...

Old 09-18-2015, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqlb3rn View Post
Why do you have a fire extinguisher if you hope to never have to use it? Use your head.

BTW, I didn't "go out of my way" to do anything. It was a small detail in my post I included in case another CCL holder had input.

Jesus ****ing christ.
If using a fire extinguisher would result in the high likelihood that someone would die, I would reevaluate my position on fire extinguishers. I also do not carry a fire extinguisher with me wherever I go. Use your head.

I have close friends who CC. I was definitely making fun of you just like I make fun of them for bringing it up every chance they get.

There was an old joke about ski patrollers that went:

"How do you know if someone is a ski patroller?"

A:"They'll tell you."

Seems to relate more to the CC people I know

In any case, you probably won't have to shoot anyone trying to steal your car in Denver anymore than you've had to shoot anyone for stealing you car in the south. You may want to get rid of the high horsepower RWD Mustang however or buy some really good snow tires and carry a bag of kitty litter with you wherever you go. It's heavier than a gun, but far more useful.

Old 09-18-2015, 03:04 PM

9 posts, read 7,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
If using a fire extinguisher would result in the high likelihood that someone would die, I would reevaluate my position on fire extinguishers. I also do not carry a fire extinguisher with me wherever I go. Use your head.
well that's you dude. if you don't feel comfortable handling a fire extinguisher without injuring your loved ones, I agree you should not own one.

Quote:
I have close friends who CC. I was definitely making fun of you just like I make fun of them for bringing it up every chance they get.
I mentioned it in one post and was nice enough to give you the reason; you have brought it up in every one of your posts and driven the point into the ground, and single-handedly de-railed my question into some debate on concealed carry. here's a clue... I don't care about your opinions on concealed carry and you sound like an obsessed anti-gun monkey that probably never even handled a .22

obviously bham murders and sex offenders are bad, I already know those crimes are less in Denver. I'm asking about boosting cars... not so common in birmingham I believe. Mustangs are a dime a dozen in AL, but my brother from Denver recently visited and acted like it was a ferrari. That, combined with the crimereports data made me concerned about driving a "flashy" car in Denver Metro.

Thanks for the legit replies... I will just get a better alarm, rent a garage, and make an insurance claim if something happens. I thought Alabama was dumb, but some of you guys make me remember why I moved in the first place.

Old 09-18-2015, 03:12 PM

Quote:
well that's you dude. if you don't feel comfortable handling a fire extinguisher without injuring your loved ones, I agree you should not own one.

I mentioned it in one post and was nice enough to give you the reason; you have brought it up in every one of your posts and driven the point into the ground. you sound like an obsessed anti-gun monkey that probably never even handled a .22

obviously bham murders and sex offenders are bad, I already know those crimes are less in Denver. I'm asking about boosting cars... not so common in birmingham I believe. Mustangs are a dime a dozen in AL, but my brother from Denver recently visited and acted like it was a ferrari. That, combined with the crimereports data made me concerned about driving a "flashy" car in Denver Metro.

Thanks for the legit replies... I will just get a better alarm, rent a garage, and make an insurance claim if something happens. I thought Alabama was dumb, but some of you guys make me remember why I moved in the first place.
Actually I went shooting a few weeks ago. Started shooting .22s when I was 10 outside of Granby and although I don't understand your interest with the caliber of the weapons I've shot, it goes up to .50. Still think CC is silly. Statistically it makes you more likely to die a violent death.

As for your car, they aren't a dime a dozen here because RWD sports cars are less desirable in places that it snows. You'll see far more Audis, BMW x-drives, and Subarus here. Welcome home.

Last edited by SkyDog77; 09-18-2015 at 03:32 PM..

Old 09-18-2015, 06:03 PM

1,412 posts, read 1,089,213 times
Looks like a slight increase in crime but that probably has to do with growing population.

https://www.denvergov.org/content/da...enses_2015.pdf
http://www.westword.com/news/marijua...to-pot-6839696

Old 09-18-2015, 09:12 PM

117 posts, read 138,720 times
Quote:
..Mustangs are a dime a dozen in AL, but my brother from Denver recently visited and acted like it was a ferrari. That, combined with the crimereports data made me concerned about driving a "flashy" car in Denver Metro..
No offense but I wouldn't necessarily call a Mustang "flashy."

Mustangs are a dime-a-dozen here too (as with pretty much anywhere in the US).

You should be more worried about driving such an impractical car in CO's weather..

Last edited by Deezy303; 09-18-2015 at 09:22 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 09-19-2015, 08:44 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,637,588 times
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver