Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2015, 04:24 PM

1 posts, read 870 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone -

I am looking to move to Denver in the next month or two (as soon as I get a good job offer!) and I am having some difficulty getting interviews with potential employers being out of state. I have actually been contacted by several I have applied with and told that they can't consider candidates out-of-state having been burned by several individuals that took jobs and then promptly looked and found other jobs after moving into the state.

Anyone have any advice to overcome this? I work in the mortgage industry as an underwriter, so not exactly an entry level job so I honestly didn't expect this to be as much of a problem as it's turned out to be. Any help would be greatly appreciated - can't wait to live in your great city! Grew up in Northern Wyoming, Rockies have just been calling my name

Thanks in advance for any advice/assistance!

Mike
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2015, 10:26 PM

33 posts, read 42,347 times
I'm not sure if it's common in your industry, but my husband went though a recruiter to get his job in Denver while we still lived out of state. He had to contract to hire work at first, but it got us here.

Old 10-04-2015, 09:19 AM

3,127 posts, read 5,055,140 times
Hi Mike,

The good news is that if you come here it sounds like you would get a job right away. My advice would be to move into temporary housing. Look for a job and when you get one sign a lease somewhere and then move the next weekend. If you are questioned about the temporary housing then say you are only living there until you can find a place to live which would be true and you would be a local hire.

Old 10-05-2015, 05:48 AM

1,321 posts, read 2,030,720 times
No company wants to pay relocation fees so they reject out of state applicants unless your skills are in high demand. With many people moving to Denver, we have no shortage of candidates for jobs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
View detailed profiles of: