Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2015, 08:55 PM

4 posts, read 58,810 times

Advertisements

Hi! Our family just moved to Parker from out of state. The house we bought has us in the Douglas County school district, Pine Lane is our assigned elementary school. Our oldest just turned 5 this week so will be starting Kindergarten next year, and we have a 2 1/2 year old that we are looking to have start preschool next year.

Our 5 year old just got accepted to Challenge to Excellence charter school, both children are on the wait list for Parker Core Knowledge. Does anyone have thoughts on which of these schools is better? Reviews on the school rating websites seem mixed for Challenge to Excellence, and generally much more favorable to PCK. I don't know much about Pine Lane either......

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2015, 05:33 PM

1,412 posts, read 1,082,473 times
DCSD is going through some... "stuff" right now but the schools are still quite good. At any school in DCSD your children will receive an education well above the national/state average. As an educator I tend to think that the Core Knowledge Curriculum is misguided but I know others who will swear by it. I also am not fond of the extremely technology focused curriculum of schools like C2E as it tends to lack in humanities. But honestly if you are looking for the type of non standard practices charters are known for you can find them at all DCSD schools as they have been somewhat "charterized" district wide.

Old 12-09-2015, 04:05 PM

1 posts, read 1,510 times
Since you are in Parker I would take a hard look at the Global Village Academy Douglas County charter school. They provide language immersion in either Spanish, French or Mandarin Chinese. They also have a preschool nearby to get started on the language.

School is taught half day in English the other half in the target language. My three kids are in the Chinese program. Truly amazing to see them speak, read and write in Chinese.

Global Village Academies

Global Village Academies
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
View detailed profiles of: