Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2016, 03:40 PM

3 posts, read 2,615 times

Advertisements

My husband and I might be moving to the area. I've been doing a lot of research, and on another site, a lot of people were saying that it is near impossible to find a rental in the Denver area because of wait lists. We would be trying to find a place in the Denver suburbs - preferably Thornton/Northglenn/Westminster. When I go on Craigslist and Apartments.com there are TONS of apartment rentals - are we really going to have a problem getting one? We come from a small town where this isn't an issue, so I'm a little worried we will accept the job offer, and then have no where to live. Thanks for all input!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2016, 03:58 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,612,593 times
I think if you were in the city of Denver you would have a problem. I don't think you will have an issue finding something to rent in the areas you listed.

Old 10-17-2016, 04:20 PM

686 posts, read 2,436,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
I think if you were in the city of Denver you would have a problem. I don't think you will have an issue finding something to rent in the areas you listed.
This. If you were looking close to central Denver then you might have an issue, but areas outside of Denver proper you should not have a problem.

Old 10-17-2016, 04:31 PM

170 posts, read 246,169 times
Even in central Denver most apartments should not have a wait list now as they have built a whole bunch of new units these past few years. In the past, before they built these new apartments it probably was a problem. The only issue you would run into when you move here are expensive rents, but the areas you mentioned are cheaper than Central Denver.

Old 10-17-2016, 04:31 PM

760 posts, read 882,699 times
It's not that it's hard to find an apartment, it's just hard to find one thats reasonably priced.

So if you are looking for under $1,500 for a 1 bedroom, you will have a hard time finding one. But if your budget is over that, then you will have more options. And I'd say $2,400ish for a 2 bedroom.

Old 10-17-2016, 05:42 PM

Thanks everyone, feeling a little less worried now. Wasn't too sure about the thought of living in a hotel for two months waiting for an apartment to open up...

MN_Ski maybe rent has gone down a bit, because I've found several nice 2 bedroom apartments for $1400 a month, but those were all in the suburbs, not in downtown Denver. Still, rent is crazy expensive compared to where we lived a year ago. A 2 bedroom 2 bathroom apartment in NW Iowa for $300/month! Of course, we were in Iowa, in the middle of no where, and it was horrible...

Last edited by chelle14xc; 10-17-2016 at 06:05 PM..

Old 10-17-2016, 06:02 PM

1,421 posts, read 1,635,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN_Ski View Post
It's not that it's hard to find an apartment, it's just hard to find one thats reasonably priced.

So if you are looking for under $1,500 for a 1 bedroom, you will have a hard time finding one. But if your budget is over that, then you will have more options. And I'd say $2,400ish for a 2 bedroom.
Not in the suburbs (excluding Boulder). As of June when we were looking, most 1Br were around 1100-1200ish and 2br were 1300-1500.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelle14xc View Post
Thanks everyone, feeling a little less worried now. Wasn't too sure about the thought of living in a hotel for two months waiting for an apartment to open up...

MN_Ski maybe rent has gone down a bit, because I've found several nice 2 bedroom apartments for $1400 a month, but those were all in the suburbs, not in downtown Denver. Still, rent is crazy expensive compared to where we lived a year ago. A 2 bedroom 2 bathroom apartment in NW Iowa for $300/month! Of course, we where in Iowa, in the middle of no where, and it was horrible...
$300! Holy cow (no pun intended).

Rent has gone down a bunch. In fact, our complex actually posted referral notifications in our mailboxes this weekend saying we'd get $300 in cash if we referred someone. Not everywhere will have an opening, of course, but of the dozen or so places we looked at, only 2 weren't available for our August move in.

Old 10-17-2016, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caverunner17 View Post

$300! Holy cow (no pun intended).

I know, I thought I was getting scammed at first! That was just an apartment, you can rent houses for pretty much the same amount, it's crazy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver