Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2017, 12:33 PM

1,021 posts, read 2,304,542 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncwil View Post
It was issued by the Maryland Department of Health, and is not a copy, is the original document.
I actually had the same issue here in Maryland with MDOT. The "mini" is still my legal birth certificate. The clerk informed me the "mini" was no longer acceptable but didn't give me too hard of a time about it; she just gave me a waiver. It seemed as if it was at her discretion but I don't see why Colorado wouldn't do the same.

I've honestly never had a driver license in CO (was an out-of-state student there) but I don't see why CO couldn't offer a similar type of waiver or unless obvious identity fraud was being committed why they would care. The clerk in MD actually gave me the waiver; I didn't ask and wouldn't have thought to ask. I would advise going back to the DMV in CO and actually requesting such a waiver if they aren't volunteering the information.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2017, 12:38 PM

6,721 posts, read 6,485,209 times
Can you contact her county of birth and request a new one? Rules have changed, tighter security these days.

Old 04-10-2017, 12:41 PM

3,158 posts, read 6,125,290 times
You need to show a long form birth certificate to prove you are in the US legally.

Scroll down to the blue portion of this document to see the requirements.

Old 04-10-2017, 12:47 PM

13,130 posts, read 21,001,609 times
They will not accept any birth certificate unless it's certified. A certified birth certificate will become un-certified if handled in such a way as to obliterate the marks that makes it certified. You can present the original, in ink, signed by the doctor and the Pope for all they care, but if it does not meet the issuing state's definition of a certified document, it's just a piece of paper with stuff on it. I'm surprised how many people have not kept up with the standards of documents authenticity validation especially in today's world of easy copies and cut & pasting. I can only imagine the heart attacks some will have when they have to get a REAL ID complaint license or a US Passport.

Old 04-10-2017, 02:29 PM

3 posts, read 13,368 times
Again, this is the original document, in perfect shape, issued by the state of Maryland. So in response to the above, I'm surprised by how few government employees are actually trained on their own requirements. This employee seems confused simply by the size of a sheet of paper. At this point it seems it would actually be easier to get a passport than a CO DL.

Old 04-10-2017, 02:53 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,215,171 times
I have the original birth certificate that my parents received when I was born and it is no longer accepted either. You need to apply for a new certificate from Maryland that has all the information currently required. Your time would be a lot better spent doing that than trying to go to another DMV office and hoping you'll find a clerk who accepts what is not presently considered acceptable documentation. The fact that it's original doesn't matter, it's that it is not the currently required long form.

I even found the link for you - scroll down a little and it will tell you how to apply by mail or online.

Requesting Maryland Birth Certificates

Old 04-10-2017, 03:07 PM

170 posts, read 241,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsBall View Post
Here's the link for the required documents and the steps on how to get CO license

https://www.colorado.gov/pacific/sit...es/DR2300C.pdf

If you do not have the enhancement indicator on your out of state license, then you need documentation to provide date of birth.
What is an "enhancement indicator"? I've never heard of that

Old 04-10-2017, 03:15 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,215,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianmedia View Post
What is an "enhancement indicator"? I've never heard of that
http://www.dhs.gov/enhanced-drivers-...-what-are-they

Old 04-10-2017, 03:16 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,251,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncwil View Post
Again, this is the original document, in perfect shape, issued by the state of Maryland. So in response to the above, I'm surprised by how few government employees are actually trained on their own requirements. This employee seems confused simply by the size of a sheet of paper. At this point it seems it would actually be easier to get a passport than a CO DL.
It's the full size document with the raised seal? The mini isn't accepted.

I have a mini BC & although it's issued by the state, it isn't accepted anymore. Hasn't been in a long time.

Old 04-10-2017, 03:17 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,251,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabrrita View Post
they will not accept any birth certificate unless it's certified. A certified birth certificate will become un-certified if handled in such a way as to obliterate the marks that makes it certified. You can present the original, in ink, signed by the doctor and the pope for all they care, but if it does not meet the issuing state's definition of a certified document, it's just a piece of paper with stuff on it. I'm surprised how many people have not kept up with the standards of documents authenticity validation especially in today's world of easy copies and cut & pasting. I can only imagine the heart attacks some will have when they have to get a real id complaint license or a us passport.
+1.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver