Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2018, 06:14 PM

11,477 posts, read 11,559,641 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
Not everyone is a foodie. Most people just like a place that is a good experience with tasty food, doesn't have to be some cutting edge, occasionally overly precious experience. Realistically speaking, the majority of people are more likely to try Shake Shack than most of the other places.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
From my observation as a moderator for 11 years, it's Chili, Mexican, Burgers, BBQ, Pizza and Beer that get people talking more than all the rest....perhaps we should call these the "alternative food pyramid" or the "people's choice food pyramid" but beware of saying something either is or isn't authentic or you'll get a raging 5-alarm discussion. I've had to close some threads where some posters got way over-heated about what is "truly authentic" Mexican or Chinese or Tex-Mex or Cal-Mex; I just have to LOL at times ... if it tastes good it is good, enjoy.

Myself, the five basic food group pyramid consists of beer, pizza, coffee, chocolate and McDonalds.
I cheap, fast and easy. I’m in Carlsbad, CA right now and just crushed some cheap fish tacos that were killer.

That said, getting excited by a national burger chain is a bit beyond me.....especially when you have local chefs doing such interesting stuff.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2018, 11:48 PM

1,330 posts, read 699,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
I was thinking the same thing. I post a list with some really interesting restaurants and people are just talking about Shake Shack.

PS Hearth & Dram is great.
I agree they're interesting. But they aren't super exciting to me, mostly because they're probably going to be out of my normal weekend eating out budget.

I'd personally like to see some expansion on more ethnic foods - German, Ethiopian/African, Middle Eastern, Vietnamese (besides Pho), Korean, Spanish, French, etc.

I saw super sad when I heard the French place in Parker closed. It was really good food and very reasonably priced!

Old 01-07-2018, 08:36 PM

6,083 posts, read 10,704,020 times
Exited to try Shake Shack. I didn't know Little Man Ice Cream was expanding. I'm so happy!

Old 01-08-2018, 08:30 AM

5,444 posts, read 6,994,146 times
It isn't on the list and just recently opened in Castle Rock at the end of last year, but this Indian place is great. Googling their name, I see other Zaika's so I'm not sure if they are all the same and I've only been to this one in Castle Rock, but I do highly recommend it if you like Indian food.

https://www.zaikacastlerock.com/

Old 01-09-2018, 03:05 PM

14,375 posts, read 18,374,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Co_guy_94 View Post
Lol, one reason so many people in Denver think the food scene here isn't that great is evidenced every time a list like this is posted (as I have often done too) with all these great little independent, mom n pop joints, people seem to focus in on Shake Shack and other similar mediocre chains. I can't believe the hub-bub and ongoing debate that a CA burger chain coming here has caused.

I for one am psyched for Chubby Cattle on south broadway, although the name is awful.

Have yet to try Citizen Rail but have been to Pig & Sprout and Hearth & Dram in the new area behind Union Station. Also really want to try FnG and Izakaya Ronin.

Another list to add to SkyDog's.
https://denver.eater.com/maps/best-n...urants-heatmap
I'm unlikely to go to any of those other places (except for Little Man) unless it's a special occasion, so I might find them interesting and add them to the list, but I'm not going to get excited about them unless a prospect of going there arises. Shake Shack is the type of place I'd be likely to go on my own when I'm out roaming around.

Old 01-09-2018, 03:12 PM

11,477 posts, read 11,559,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
I'm unlikely to go to any of those other places (except for Little Man) unless it's a special occasion, so I might find them interesting and add them to the list, but I'm not going to get excited about them unless a prospect of going there arises. Shake Shack is the type of place I'd be likely to go on my own when I'm out roaming around.
Is it expense or effort? I ask because there will be some pretty budget conscious options here:

Milk Market at Dairy Block

Finally — hot chicken, bao buns and pizza all under one roof. That’ll save you some miles. Chef Frank Bonanno takes on the beginning-to-be-ubiquitous food hall with Milk Market, his 15,000-square-foot, 15-vendor project at Dairy Block. All of your Bonanno dreams — or nightmares — come to life this spring. 18th and Wazee streets, Denver; Dairy Block - Retail, Offices and a Hotel in Downtown Denver opening in May

Old 01-09-2018, 04:04 PM

14,375 posts, read 18,374,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
Is it expense or effort? I ask because there will be some pretty budget conscious options here:

Milk Market at Dairy Block

Finally — hot chicken, bao buns and pizza all under one roof. That’ll save you some miles. Chef Frank Bonanno takes on the beginning-to-be-ubiquitous food hall with Milk Market, his 15,000-square-foot, 15-vendor project at Dairy Block. All of your Bonanno dreams — or nightmares — come to life this spring. 18th and Wazee streets, Denver; Dairy Block - Retail, Offices and a Hotel in Downtown Denver opening in May
A combo of the two, and again, whether someone is going with me. I like to eat out at restaurants by myself, but mostly I hit places close to home.

Also, having actually eaten at the original Shake Shack, I just can't see what the big deal is. On that list, the only other place I'm familiar with is Little Man, which I am DEFINITELY excited about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver