Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2018, 11:52 AM

3,127 posts, read 5,055,140 times

Advertisements

Updated pictures of Quail Creek from this morning.

Quail Creek Street.

Quail Creek Alley

Homes facing each other on interior of Quail Creek

Bridge to restaurants and grocery store.

Path behind homes at Quail Creek

This path also goes to grocery store (building on left) but is more rustic. Building with white triangles on top is the high school.

This is the park behind Quail Creek with a traditional playground, soccer/lacrosse field and baseball field.

McKay Lake. Sorry, no bald eagle to take a picture of today. Also Great Horned Owls nest here.

More McKay Lake.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2018, 12:24 PM

This is the new McKay Lake Regional Playground. The flat rocks will have hand and toe hold attached and be climbing walls. The sticks sticking up will be raptors nests.

The tunnels are prairie dog tunnels for kids to crawl through and over.

This is going to be a little kiddie bike park.

This is going to be the big kid bike park. There is also a mogul area that I didn't get a picture of so there is something in between the kiddie area and the big crazy looking ramps.

A trail goes around the lake. This is the view back over the lake from the bike park area. The trail is not new and is a nature trail. Hope the bike park doesn't ruin that.

Other side of the lake you go by a horse and some donkeys.

The lake has observation benches periodically.

And there is a fishing pier.

The migrating geese are late this year.

There is some wooded area but alot of the trees drowned when they let the lake over fill to work on some drainage downstream. It is still pretty though.

This is all within a few miles of all shopping and amenities you could want. Not sure the Macy's will make it though and it is a much smaller Macy's than you have probably ever seen before. Ikea is going in. Top Golf is going in. There is a Costco very close. Three grocery stores, all walking distance. A Lowes, Target, TJMaxx, Hospital, Movie Theaters, Car Repair and Walmart also walking distance. Tons more both restaurants and stores. Too many to list them all.

View of McKay Lake. When it isn't frozen over there are alot of birds in these grasses. Also Muskrats swimming.

Another view around the lake. I didn't go all the way around today so didn't get some of the best pictures.

Path around the lake. Need to watch the kiddies though because of the coyotes.

Example path between homes on the trail system.

Forgot to mention that in a couple of years we will have the north rail line opening. It is under construction now. It is not walking distance from this neighborhood but it will be a short distance away and provide easy access to downtown. Also it only goes up to 124th initially. Here is a map.
http://www.rtd-fastracks.com/nm_2

Last edited by mic111; 01-18-2018 at 12:42 PM..

Old 01-19-2018, 11:25 AM

26,218 posts, read 49,052,722 times
Great pix, thank you. Made your two posts into a separate photo tour.

Now we hope people will add into on this location.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 01-19-2018, 12:04 PM

5,528 posts, read 12,672,056 times
Great pics, mic111. Where is Quail Creek?

Old 01-19-2018, 12:29 PM

Hmmm...I'm not sure it makes sense out of context, although I appreciate the appreciation of the pictures. It is a small neighborhood being built out now. I put it in as a suggestion for someone looking for the new urban style neighborhoods. And because they were from NYC I included some photos to give them an idea of what it looks like. Housing is scarce in the whole metro area and they have some prebuilt available homes but they are NYC style close to each other so I got some photos of that also.

Quail Creek

https://www.google.com/maps/place/39...4d-105.0094857

I also included some of the trails and other amenities because I figures someone on a whirlwind tour wouldn't have a chance to look at much other than model homes, not so much the surrounding area.

But the area is super pretty. However I will include my usual caveat. This is not unusual. Areas all over the metro area have beautiful trails and parks.

Old 02-06-2018, 09:12 PM

137 posts, read 197,085 times
A little late to this thread, but I live in the new neighborhood next to Quail Creek (Enclave at McKay Shores). When we were looking over in this area we actually really wanted Quail Creek, but the really desirable lots on the west side on the park with the unobstructed mountain views wouldn't be available for awhile. And now that they're getting closer to being available (guessing another 6-8 months) and seeing how much the other houses are going for, it is questionable whether we really would have wanted to pay the price for them.

It was either wait nine months to get into the house we have now or something like three years to get into one of those houses in the nicer spot. We're happy with the house we have, and seeing those lots still not being available roughly a year and a half after moving into our house reinforces that.

It's boring Broomfield, but if you have a kid and you know they can walk to Legacy High School when it's time it's a good deal. 25 year old me would beat the older version of me up.

Old 02-07-2018, 08:52 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,620,001 times
Thank you for the photos. I love that communities are building out bike and skate parks for this kids. When I was young we would get yelled at for skateboarding around the neighborhoods, malls and schools.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
View detailed profiles of: