Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2018, 09:27 PM

3,070 posts, read 2,402,586 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogbreath59 View Post
Not sure if any of you have dealt with kids with addictions.
No lack of drug addicts in my family. You need to lock up your stuff and take your keys with you.

I'd be sympathetic to fines and penalties accrued if you had no way of seeing the letters for a while, but since you didn't have any intention of paying the original fines anyway...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2018, 09:34 PM

121 posts, read 155,058 times
It's your car. The city doesn't care who was driving it. Pay the ticket or prepare for more fines because you'll never beat them.

Old 06-05-2018, 10:41 PM

11,474 posts, read 11,562,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogbreath59 View Post
Not sure if any of you have dealt with kids with addictions. Anyway, no the car wasn't "stolen" per say in the classic sense but technically it was. It certainly was driven without my knowledge consent or approval so I do not agree with the responsibility. The keys were not made available to anyone and were in fact obviously taken.

Interesting thing is I've asked the city to provide a record of how the meter was paid along with pictures and they have refused by ignoring. And we're not talking about one simple meter violation either. By the time the letters caught up to me out and I got back to the US, the fines and penalties are now pretty hefty for 4 violations. One of which does not even apply to the state where it's registered (no front plates issued). I'm simply not going to acquiesce to this like sheeple.

Denver Parking bureau reminds me of Ray Liottas character Henry in Goodfellas when the mob wants money.
I wish you the best of luck. At least one person on this thread who has weighed in is an attorney in Colorado.

Old 06-06-2018, 05:19 AM

2,289 posts, read 2,947,032 times
OP- You have a decision to make. Either pay the ticket and move on or hope they eventually write off your ticket and it goes away. This article says Denver writes the tickets off after 5 years. If you plan on waiting then I'd suggest you remove the car from Colorado because the next time it's parked illegally they will impound it. If you think the ticket is expensive just wait until they tack on all of the impound fees.

Old 06-06-2018, 06:12 AM

Moving the car away would also prevent OP's son from hurting someone with it or damaging the car of someone who needs a vehicle to get to work. Tickets would be the least of OP's worries.

Old 06-06-2018, 06:56 AM

11,474 posts, read 11,562,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brown_dog_us View Post
OP- You have a decision to make. Either pay the ticket and move on or hope they eventually write off your ticket and it goes away. This article says Denver writes the tickets off after 5 years. If you plan on waiting then I'd suggest you remove the car from Colorado because the next time it's parked illegally they will impound it. If you think the ticket is expensive just wait until they tack on all of the impound fees.
The Denver Boot

Old 06-06-2018, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
I used to see one of those just about every time I rode the bus home from work down Broadway.

Old 06-06-2018, 07:29 PM

242 posts, read 251,426 times
Kick out the addicts.

Tough love makes your life way cheaper and removes a lot of stress. I used to try to help my sister, I cut her off and kicked her out.

She was homeless for a month or so, hit rock bottom, which was way down there and slowly started to turn things around. She’s a manager at a fast food place now and has a studio apartment now. She’s still a mess sometimes but can take care of herself.

Enabling them doesn’t help.

Or just put out the fires and pay the fine, get used to it. It gets way worse.

Old 06-07-2018, 11:53 AM

5,444 posts, read 6,995,615 times
Sigh.. gotta love when people create an account, ask a question and then argue with everyone when they don't like the answer they are receiving.

Old 06-13-2018, 08:43 PM

8 posts, read 4,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by headingtoDenver View Post
Sigh.. gotta love when people create an account, ask a question and then argue with everyone when they don't like the answer they are receiving.
I wasn't arguing in the least just presenting the situation. Christ thin skin
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
View detailed profiles of: