Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 02:02 PM

5,113 posts, read 19,794,485 times

Advertisements

So my experience with people in Denver in the short time I've been there and with people here tells me that there is a decent californian population in Denver area.

With the Nuggets and Lakers facing off in the playoffs, will there be a large base of Laker fans eating up some of these tickets? In So Cal we get this when the Yankees come to town.

Not baiting or anything, just tryin to have a fun topic to talk about as I know people can be sensitive about their hometown teams
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2008, 02:06 PM

2,016 posts, read 5,591,345 times
I donno but when there are more new yorkers at coors field than coloradians and you see people driving in the wrong direction on one way streets, you know the yankees are in town.

Old 04-17-2008, 02:33 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,896,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhcompy View Post
In So Cal we get this when the Yankees come to town.
Your telling me.
Same with mets or cubs at Dodgers
red sox or yankees or tigers at Angels.

Your sitting at a Dodger game and half the people are rooting for the mets. No wonder the freeways are so jammed.

I'm rooting for both teams....but I think in secret, we're all looking for Lakers-Celtics 2008. I don't think the Lakers will get past San Antonio though...they have the Lakers number, Lakers don't match up well especially Ginobli.

If only the Nuggets had some D.

Old 04-17-2008, 04:15 PM

5,113 posts, read 19,794,485 times
some pundits are picking the suns over san antonio because of the recent games involving shaq and ginoboli being gimped.. lakers/suns would be a great matchup too. shaq/kobe all over again. nuggets have the talent, can they play the defense? luckily they arent facing the warriors.. we'd see some more 150pt games

Old 04-17-2008, 05:31 PM

2,016 posts, read 5,591,345 times
I've always been able to get legit scalper tickets outside of Pepsi Center no problem, usually cheaper than stubhub too. Think Lakers will win, but how bout that two big playoffs in the Pepsi Center at the same time, and the DNC at the Pepsi, not too shabby a year for Denver.

Old 04-17-2008, 07:42 PM

13 posts, read 62,737 times
I am from southern California and was raised as a Laker fan. I will always root for the Lakers and I will be glad to be able to afford tickets to see them now that I will be in the Denver area! Now, out of respect, I am not the type that will deck out in Lakers gear at a Nuggets game. I prefer to root my ream on in a more low-key fashion! Go Lakers!

Old 04-20-2008, 04:05 PM

198 posts, read 355,695 times
HUGE games today from Lamar and Pau. I'm not sure the Nuggets have anyone to plug up the Laker offensive movement in the paint.

Old 04-20-2008, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L-88 View Post
HUGE games today from Lamar and Pau. I'm not sure the Nuggets have anyone to plug up the Laker offensive movement in the paint.

Denver hasn't had any defense since the 1970s...

Old 04-20-2008, 06:49 PM

18,090 posts, read 27,546,002 times
The first time I saw a basket ball game was at Big Mac when the Nuggets were playing the Lakers. I think the Lakers had Jabar, Magic, Byron Scott, Michael Cooper, Rambis, James Worthy, Jamal Wilkes, Bob McAdoo, etc.

I think it was 1985 in the Western Conference Championship and the Lakers won game 5 120-116. I think it was the Nuggets' best season to date, at least in the NBA.

I was a Laker fan.

I saw the Nuggets play the Utah Jazz at the Pepsi Center. I got to see Karl Malone and John Stockton in their last season together. I've been a Nugget fan ever since Buzzdelick (sp) took over and I am probably the lone Karl supporter left. The Nuggets do seem to have problems with defense. We'll see if they can get a win or two. That Pau is a beast. If the Lakers make it out of the west, it would be interesting to see them face the Celtics, just for old time sake. Frankly, I'd rather see them beat the Pistons; Sheed, a couple of ex-Nuggets and Bubble-Boy.

It's good to see the Nuggets in the playoffs. I'm used to seeing them bow out in the first round, usually to the Spurs.

Go Avs.

Old 05-12-2012, 11:21 PM

It's only a game.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver