Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2008, 04:31 PM

12 posts, read 78,201 times

Advertisements

Hello! My family and I are ready to high-tail it out of SoCal. I am an elem. teacher and my husband is a heavy equip operator (although he will do just about anything if he has to). I don't know much about Colorado (other than it's pretty when we drive thru), so any advice will be greatly appreciated! We will probably rent for a year or so to make sure we like it. But here is my main question, how likely is it to find a teaching position for 08-09? Here in CA there is a budget crisis and hiring freeze Is there a demand for teachers right now? We are pretty open as to the area, maybe within an hour of Denver in any direction.

Thanks!!!
Tracy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2008, 05:51 PM

2,969 posts, read 6,953,288 times
Check out the index thread at the top of the page for lots of information about teaching here.

Old 05-01-2008, 07:14 PM

1 posts, read 4,523 times
Default Re: Teaching jobs in CO

Wow. I hate to disappoint you, but there's a teacher surplus in CO, right now. It's pretty hard to get a teaching job here right now. Denver Public Schools might be hiring, but I would HIGHLY recommend that you not teach in any of their schools, as they are well-known for chewing teachers up and spitting them out; they have a very, very high turnover (& for good reason).

If at all possible, I'd recommend trying to get a job with Littleton Public Schools, Adams 12, or the Douglas County Public School District. Good luck! Me; I'd trade places w/you in a minute; I love Southern CA!

Old 05-01-2008, 07:29 PM

13 posts, read 62,728 times
I would recommend CCSD

Human Resources - CCSD

Click on "Employment"...and then "Job Openings". Of course you would search under "Certified"...as of today there are 54 openings. This is one of the top districts in the state if not the country. Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
View detailed profiles of: