Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2009, 11:32 AM

156 posts, read 717,858 times

Advertisements

Any recommendations? We are new to Denver, and my 15 y/o DD (soon to be 16) needs to get her drivers ed done this summer. We have no idea where to go...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2009, 12:38 PM

4,564 posts, read 10,954,864 times
Is there nothing through the school? That's what my son did this summer. It is usually less expensive then some of the driving schools I looked in to. The one thing is, if she is close to 16, she may only need the behind the wheel portion. If you are doing it for insurance purposes, I know ours gave a better discount by doing a teen awareness program (Allstate).

Old 03-16-2009, 06:01 PM

345 posts, read 1,566,822 times
American Driving Academy, Inc. | The most comprehensive driving school in the United States. Both of my kids took their DE through this company. They hold classes all over the metro area and they have a home study course.

Old 03-18-2009, 06:48 PM

573 posts, read 2,505,828 times
When I took driver's ed quite a few years ago i did "Best Driving". DO NOT SEND YOUR DAUGHTER THERE.

My little brother, however, did "Master Drive" (off Arapahoe & Jordan). They're great, require a lot of in-car time, have great instructors, have a driving course, and even do a skid-pad.

Old 03-18-2009, 08:20 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,458,432 times
^^^I would differ with this. I sent my DD to Master Drive several years ago and was quite disappointed. It costs twice as much as anyplace else and 1/2 that "in car time" they advertise is sitting in the back seat while another student drives. Just a cost saving measure for THEM. The only plus was their private facility where they could teach how to come out of a skid. Since my DD has taken it, those skid facilities are available locally through the Fire Dept. I never even considered sending DS there.

Old 03-18-2009, 08:27 PM

4,564 posts, read 10,954,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
^^^I would differ with this. I sent my DD to Master Drive several years ago and was quite disappointed. It costs twice as much as anyplace else and 1/2 that "in car time" they advertise is sitting in the back seat while another student drives. Just a cost saving measure for THEM. The only plus was their private facility where they could teach how to come out of a skid. Since my DD has taken it, those skid facilities are available locally through the Fire Dept. I never even considered sending DS there.
I would love to find out if our local Fire Department does that! The only reason I was thinking about Master Drive for our son was for the skid training. I'll have to check around up here. I noticed Master Drive doesn't post cost on their website, which made me believe they must be pricey....

Right now we are working through the 50 hours we need to log and we are trying to do it in each car we have so that he has experience in shift and non shift cars.

Old 03-19-2009, 01:06 PM

573 posts, read 2,505,828 times
Quote:
yes but that in-car time was exponentially better than what i got in my driver's ed which cost...half as much. having access to a skid-pad and having access to someone teaching you how to operate on the skid-pad effectively are totally different

Old 07-24-2012, 04:31 PM

3 posts, read 5,199 times
Thumbs down Don't be fooled, Master Drive only in it for the money.

There are some good programs out there, but Master Drive is very expensive and only in for the money. Close to $800 per kid, and then lots of additional fees. NO Flexibility in Fee structure. Be aware.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
Is there nothing through the school? That's what my son did this summer. It is usually less expensive then some of the driving schools I looked in to. The one thing is, if she is close to 16, she may only need the behind the wheel portion. If you are doing it for insurance purposes, I know ours gave a better discount by doing a teen awareness program (Allstate).

Old 07-24-2012, 04:33 PM

Thumbs down I agree Master Drive over-rated

I agree. Master Drive is very over-rated. They are in it only for the money. Very expensive, and No Flexibility on additional fees. I recommend going elsewhere.
Quote:

Old 07-24-2012, 04:34 PM

Thumbs down I disagree, Master Drive over-rated

I disagree, I believe Master Drive is very over ragted, and only in it for the money. Very expensive and not worth it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legs1357 View Post
When I took driver's ed quite a few years ago i did "Best Driving". DO NOT SEND YOUR DAUGHTER THERE.

My little brother, however, did "Master Drive" (off Arapahoe & Jordan). They're great, require a lot of in-car time, have great instructors, have a driving course, and even do a skid-pad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
View detailed profiles of: