Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2009, 11:49 AM

360 posts, read 1,126,789 times

Advertisements

We do have a Happy Hour thread here. It is dead ATM, but when spring picks up, it's a good place to meet us guys at a downtown place with a lovely patio view and a cold one.

There are also singles clubs, that require no membership fee, you just pay for your activities, that range from speed dating to bowling. You can DM me for a link to that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlpie70 View Post
Hey I know quite a few single ladies in Denver - me about to become one of them (in Chicago now). Just tell us where the guys are and we'll go! Need to meet people!

Old 12-09-2009, 11:52 AM

I think you might be happy in New York, women walking around everywhere, in the bars, coffee shops, bookstores, did I mention they were everywhere?

I wonder if the single women tend to outnumber the single men there?

It was a great trip, an almost heavenly experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
I support the idea of infiltration Good one, mate.

mlpie70, do give Antlers a heads up when the posse infiltrates. There's too much competition and I don't wanna get crushed in a stampede or something

I hate to sound like a portfolio management geek, but that's my job, this is a case where the demand far outguns the supply.

Old 12-09-2009, 12:33 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,724,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5280milehiguy View Post
I think you might be happy in New York, women walking around everywhere, in the bars, coffee shops, bookstores, did I mention they were everywhere?

Yes, they do, and I moved to Denver from there

It's called fate, mate.

I was in New York and I wasn't single. I came into Denver and I was apprised of the Menver situation and I laughed it off coz I still was "pre-occupied", call it arrogance. I poked fun and laughed at all the dating threads here

But, fate, again, hahaha, I was destined to become one of the Menverians. On the other hand, I haven't had any trouble finding the single ladies at all. I know the best place they all "congregate" in. I just find this topic is good dough for pastime humour on this board.

But it's also true, it's sort of hard to find the women in Colorado. The East Coast is much easier. It's like going to the grocery store and picking up fresh fruits and veggies, LOL. That easy.

Old 12-10-2009, 02:54 PM

Gotcha, then you can fill me in on all your "special spots." I'd like to try them out the week of Christmas, I don't have to work, so have lots of time.

Thanks in advance!!

Quote:
Yes, they do, and I moved to Denver from there

It's called fate, mate.

I was in New York and I wasn't single. I came into Denver and I was apprised of the Menver situation and I laughed it off coz I still was "pre-occupied", call it arrogance. I poked fun and laughed at all the dating threads here

But, fate, again, hahaha, I was destined to become one of the Menverians. On the other hand, I haven't had any trouble finding the single ladies at all. I know the best place they all "congregate" in. I just find this topic is good dough for pastime humour on this board.

But it's also true, it's sort of hard to find the women in Colorado. The East Coast is much easier. It's like going to the grocery store and picking up fresh fruits and veggies, LOL. That easy.

Old 12-13-2009, 09:12 AM

306 posts, read 436,635 times
Default Well said

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_koolkat View Post
You make it sound like there are no women in Denver. We are not a rare sight in the city, indangered, or hiding. Women are everywhere. Many of us are looking for friends as well. So open your eyes and stop whining.

Well said kookat. I have lived in no fewer than 7 cities in every region in this country and my experience is that Denver has by far the most outgoing, friendliest and approachable women anywhere I have been. The women in Denver are active, pretty and not as likely to be focused on being superficial or materialistic.

I found they did not take themselves too seriously and usually have a good sense of humor. If you are a man and cannot meet women in Denver, you could very well be amongst the introverts that reside there.

Old 12-13-2009, 11:43 AM

3,603 posts, read 5,939,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5280milehiguy View Post

I once ran across a graphic of where single women outnumber single men and vice-versa. It was in a National Geographic magazine.

Northeastern (coastal) cities tended to have more women. West coast cities tended to have more men. Denver had more men, but it wasn't as bad as L.A. or San Jose.

I think that if you do the right things, you can find a girlfriend in Denver. It's more what you do than where you are, I think. In 4 years of college, teaming with single women, I never once had a date because I was afraid of women and never asked anybody out.

Old 05-20-2010, 03:21 PM

26,218 posts, read 49,060,172 times
Quote:
Ok, fellas, here's a fun thread to pick your brains.

What are the chances (probability, mathematicians, please chime in) I find myself a girl in Menver?

Sad, it's that time of my life again.
Well, since we haven't heard any good news lately on the female front, it looks like you missed the Lucky Wedding Date again this year....
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 06-04-2010, 10:09 PM

16 posts, read 146,039 times
Blah, there IS NO Menver, according to the census,
Colorado QuickFacts from the US Census Bureau

so the ratio is pretty equal 50/50.

Minus the 100k plus gay and lesbian community, there
are probably about 30k more available women than men in Denver metro imho

Old 06-06-2010, 03:05 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,724,589 times
Je care about Menver no more.

Hot commodities like the Antlered Chamataka get sold too fast in the dating market, even in Menver

There was even a stampede during the bidding.

Old 06-06-2010, 04:52 PM

93 posts, read 295,714 times
I just moved here in January, and to be honest, I feel like there is plenty of single women... I live right in the middle of town, and see a lot of the area around Cherry Creek, Broadway, Baker, and Wash Park. There are girls everywhere... in grocery stores (whole foods, oh my cow..), walking their dogs around town, sitting outside at tea shoppes, etc. I think the key is to find something you like (concerts, art shows, getting wasted at bars - if thats your type of girl-, etc) and go out and do it. Then just go out of your shell a little bit and try and take some initiation, because god forbid if a girl would approach a man sometimes....easier said than done though. I have found a job since I have moved here, but not a girlfriend. Hopefully one of these days I can run in to a nice little philly and sweep her right off the ground : )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver