Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2009, 05:11 PM

19 posts, read 79,016 times

Advertisements

Denver doesn't have the kind of racial tension you might find in other cities. Nevertheless, these incidents have proven to be fairly common in the past- and still have the potential to cause trouble, as in any big city.

Old 12-05-2009, 05:26 PM

795 posts, read 2,410,735 times
Serously DPD needs to do foot patrols downtown. I walk downtown/Lodo every night and never see an officer. May be time to strap it up and blow one of these MFers away if they try this BS on a law abiding citizen with a CCW...

Old 12-09-2009, 12:22 PM

151 posts, read 397,609 times
I'm just a regular white male, but I've never noticed much racism in Denver...nothing like I saw in Sacramento for the one year that I lived there.

Part of it is choosing where to hang out. Are there hoodlums out in LoDo late at night? Yeah, probably. But probably fewer than in most major downtown areas. I've noticed most of it comes from functionally retarded teenagers that like to loiter on the 16th street mall, and they seem to be of many different ethnic varieties. I never really thought they might be organized gangs though; perhaps I'm just naive. I thought the majority of Denver's gang activity was north and west of Downtown.

Old 12-11-2009, 03:05 PM

40 posts, read 79,770 times
I saw this on the news... I hope the police can control this. There is no excuse for this behavior.

Old 12-26-2009, 07:07 PM

270 posts, read 656,295 times
Default Affidavit from racist attacks available

This is pretty interesting. It includes a lot of quotes from the attackers such as "smells like white people" and how they planned to make white people (and apparently hispanic people also) feel unsafe to go into downtown Denver. The story is still being censored by the mainstream media, so I stumbled across this by mere chance on the local fox network.

Affidavits (http://www.kdvr.com/media/acrobat/2009-12/50889643.pdf - broken link)

Old 12-26-2009, 08:10 PM

454 posts, read 688,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twbradford View Post
I live in the Dallas area but I go to Dallas maybe once every 2 years for a show or other event. I rarely walk on any sidewalk due to the car culture here....which statistically is more dangerous than crime. You are more likely to get killed in a car accident than murdered, robbed or raped.
No, Dallas is the SUV culture. I was utterly shocked when I pulled into a grocery store once and every vehicle in the parking lot was an SUV or pickup truck.

Then they wanna run you off the road if you have a car? Go ahead, hide behind your big truck ......

Last edited by Mike from back east; 12-26-2009 at 08:50 PM..

Old 12-26-2009, 08:16 PM

454 posts, read 688,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-town 720 View Post
May be time to strap it up and blow one of these MFers away if they try this BS on a law abiding citizen with a CCW...
Right...thats the answer. Just blow them away. Grab grenade launchers, AK47s, Double barrel shotguns and blow them away. And then people wanna complain that we are billions of dollars in war debt...They've got some nerve

Old 12-26-2009, 08:38 PM

270 posts, read 656,295 times
I've got a bright idea: How about we just stop letting criminals out of jail when they've only served a fraction of their (already way too light) sentences? As long as the national media keeps running stories about how the criminals are actually the victims and glorifying them (such as the Jenna 6), I don't think there's much chance of these crimes decreasing. In fact, they seem to be increasing at an alarming rate. The Denver local media seems to have done a fair job with this story. That will probably help on a local level when people see they won't receive a hero's welcome, but instead a prison sentence for this behavior.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
View detailed profiles of: