Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2010, 06:20 PM

8 posts, read 12,533 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone!

I am posting this because I have had it with San Francisco and California all together!

I was born in a small town, love the small town life and I just want to get back to that feel again. I was thinking about moving to Colorado Springs to start my "new life". I know that I want to open up my own business, I have money saved, but I don't want to buy a car.. lol Is there public transit in Colorado Springs?

I am tired of the rush, the hustle, the people that drive almost running you over while you cross the street, and just the over all huge homeless activity that is in this city.

Can someone who lives, has lived in Colorado Springs please give me the run-down?

I appreciate your help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2010, 06:33 PM

26,214 posts, read 49,052,722 times
IMO, COLO SPGS is just about the complete opposite of SF, CA, especially in attitudes, beliefs, values, etc. You'd be leaving a very liberal, diverse, large city and going to a highly conservative, mostly white, regional town with a large military community.

Public transit here is so minimal that it's almost useless; forget it.

COLO SPGS is not a very good place to start a business right now, though probably few places are at this time.

My best advice for you is to find one of the hidden gem neighborhoods in Denver, near the light rail system, and go for it.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 04-10-2010, 12:41 PM

Unhappy San Francisco Girl Tired of California!

Hi everyone!

I am posting this because I have had it with San Francisco and California all together!

I was born in a small town, love the small town life and I just want to get back to that feel again. I was thinking about moving to either Denver or Colorado Springs to start my "new life". I know that I want to open up my own business, I have money saved, but I don't want to buy a car.. lol Is there public transit in Denver or Colorado Springs?

I am tired of the rush, the hustle, the people that drive almost running you over while you cross the street, and just the over all huge homeless activity that is in this city.

Can someone who lives, has lived in Denver or Colorado Springs please give me the run-down?

I appreciate your help as I am in need of some Colorado guidance.

Old 04-10-2010, 01:36 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,724,589 times
What business??

Besides, you'd be better off coming closer to Denver if you are starting a business. I am unsure how business-friendly CO Springs can be.

Old 04-10-2010, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
What business??

Besides, you'd be better off coming closer to Denver if you are starting a business. I am unsure how business-friendly CO Springs can be.

I want to open a Floral Shop.

Old 04-11-2010, 08:22 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
I think you need to develop a business plan first. COS is conservative in general (that is not a hard and fast thing), and receptive to business. There is public transit there, but from what I read on this forum and hear from my daughter who lives there, not that great. Do some market research.

Old 04-12-2010, 05:28 PM

2,756 posts, read 12,977,971 times
Colorado Springs really isn't "small town life." Perhaps compared to the SF Bay area it is, but COS is a pretty sizable city and is notable for having no fewer than 5 major military facilities (which is its major industry). It's also close to an even bigger metro area, Denver.

By the way, you seem to have posted in the Denver forum. Denver and COS, despite being only an hour removed, are quite distinct from each other as metro areas, and you'd definitely be well advised to post on the COS forum. There's also a sometimes a bit of negativity towards COS among Denverites (and vice-versa) so it'd be good at a minimum to get local perspectives from people who actually live there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver