Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa > Des Moines
 [Register]
Des Moines Dallas, Guthrie, Madison, Polk, and Warren Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2007, 10:04 PM

9 posts, read 31,107 times

Advertisements

As a late "twentysomething" I can say that Iowa is not that bad of a place to live. I manage to work a full time Administrative/Management position and go to college at William Penn University as a full time student. The pace of life here is great. The state has its good and bad qualities, as with any other place. Winter sucks, however it doesn't last as long as it did many years ago. If you are looking for a tech job or one in the insurance/banking industry, Iowa is the place. Especially since Des Moines is the Insurance Industry Capitol of the World, a title the city has held for many years. Good luck to you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2007, 08:06 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,705,555 times
On occasion I get all ******** about Des Moines, but when I really fell an honest streak coming on I have to admit I agree 100% with DSMGuy. Been here my whole life and I firmly believe that Iowa is one of our countries best kept secrets.

Got a kick about the mountains being 9 hours away.

C'mon down!

Old 02-26-2007, 06:01 PM

43 posts, read 203,782 times
only 9 hours to the mountains?? That's no day trip! I guess the good news is I won't have to find a way around huge hills when I go for a bike ride.

Allright y'all, it looks like I'll be flying out to DSM/Urbandale next week. Hopefully, all will go well!

Old 02-27-2007, 02:12 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,705,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyerby View Post
only 9 hours to the mountains?? That's no day trip! I guess the good news is I won't have to find a way around huge hills when I go for a bike ride.

Allright y'all, it looks like I'll be flying out to DSM/Urbandale next week. Hopefully, all will go well!
You know about RAGBRAI?

http://www.ragbrai.org/

Old 02-27-2007, 03:49 PM

43 posts, read 203,782 times
no i did not know about ragbrai, but that is awesome! Did you post any replies to the guy who was asking about bike riding in Iowa? He would probably like to know about this. Some of the guys (including Lance) who ride the tour train near where I live. The weather is good, and the mountains are steep! I prefer to ride to the beach....200 miles, but it's pretty flat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa > Des Moines