Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2012, 05:20 PM

6 posts, read 21,097 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
My method was always just drive around and look for signs. That is how I always found the best places for the price. THere are brokers who specialize in rentals. IN Ann Arbor, there are boards at the UNiversity where they advertise rentals.

Word of moth is usually a good source. Go to a local church and ask around, or maybe a gym.

The Michigan Government is distributing talking urinal cakes - maybe you cna ask one of them for advice on finding a place, just go to a bar, have a few drinks and go to the bathroom.
Well it's a good thing I speak moth then.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2012, 12:24 PM

2 posts, read 1,533 times
Default ...

Hmm well if you're thinking about living in Detroit, I would suggest the Wayne State area. I've heard too many stories of people getting their stuff stolen in Detroit though so personally, I would not live there. I know there is a rock climbing wall in the Dearborn Civic Center but that may not be what you're looking for. However, I would not live in Dearborn either unless you would like to get bored to death. There is not a night life scene there at all. Just so you know, everyone I've spoken to that moved to Dearborn regretted it. I've heard this from at least 10 people. Basically if all you do is eat and work it's fine. Ann Arbor is a great city. A lot of people ride their bikes around there. Of course it's a "college town" so you have to keep that in mind (that can be a pro or con depending on your tastes). It probably has the most stuff to do out of any other Michigan city I've visited. I would suggest moving there if you don't mind a 40-60 min commute. I know a lot of people that do the commute and don't mind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit