Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2013, 04:36 PM

3,671 posts, read 5,891,677 times

Advertisements

Long overdue imo, I guess they finally gave in. I was wondering how long it would take them before they realized how much business they were missing out on by now having a store in MI, interesting since the whole thing started here to begin with. Some people were actually traveling all the way to Chicago and Ohio for this stuff (bad news for their tourism industry I guess).Now they need to make it up to us by putting another one downtown and maybe in Somerset, Partridge Creek, GLC.

Cheesecake Factory coming to Metro Detroit | The Detroit News | detroitnews.com

Last edited by MS313; 02-22-2013 at 04:49 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2013, 04:50 PM

1,900 posts, read 5,909,024 times
I've been to one in Indy and one at Baltimore's Inner Harbor. Huge menu...

Old 02-22-2013, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by us66 View Post
I've been to one in Indy and one at Baltimore's Inner Harbor. Huge menu...
Yea, I think the article said this one in Twelve Oaks is going to have 250 menu items. I peaked inside one in CA a couple of years ago. The prices were quite expensive for some cheesecake.

BTW, it looks like Twelve Oaks might become a serious competition for Somerset in the next couple of years.

Old 02-22-2013, 07:09 PM

406 posts, read 769,343 times
dude's from MI and it took him this long to open one here? I'll pass....

plus I've heard that he once said he'd never open one in MI....wonder why now? (could it be because of Cheesecake Bistro?)

Old 02-23-2013, 06:22 AM

30,708 posts, read 79,848,066 times
I thought there was one already, at or near Great Lakes Crossing. Maybe that was california Pizza kitchen. I cannot rememeber. I mix them up all the time.

Frankly I am happy to have Michigan missed by a chain or two. We need a lot of things in Michigan, more chain resturuaunts is not one of them IMO.

Old 02-23-2013, 07:19 AM

544 posts, read 901,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvinStrong313 View Post
Yea, I think the article said this one in Twelve Oaks is going to have 250 menu items. I peaked inside one in CA a couple of years ago. The prices were quite expensive for some cheesecake.
This restaurant is more than about cheesecake. They have a very unique menu, which I describe as a mix between Asian and American influences. When I lived in another State, the one near my house would have a lineup starting at 4 pm on the weekends.

Old 02-23-2013, 07:40 AM

1,900 posts, read 5,909,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
I thought there was one already, at or near Great Lakes Crossing. Maybe that was california Pizza kitchen. I cannot rememeber. I mix them up all the time.

Frankly I am happy to have Michigan missed by a chain or two. We need a lot of things in Michigan, more chain resturuaunts is not one of them IMO.
CPK is at Somerset and Partridge. There is also one near 14 and Orchard Lake. I may be missing one or two. Definitely not at GLC.

There are a few chain restaurants we are sorely missing:
Jack in the Box...
Skyline Chili (I'd even take Gold Star)...
Lawry's The Prime Rib...mmm...

Old 02-23-2013, 02:10 PM

Quote:
dude's from MI and it took him this long to open one here? I'll pass....

plus I've heard that he once said he'd never open one in MI....wonder why now? (could it be because of Cheesecake Bistro?)
Yea, I keep hearing that he had some type of grudge against the entire state. Like he purposely avoided MI. Now he wants to call it a "homecoming" nearly 3 dozen states later? lol. Honestly I want to know what his problem was.

Quote:

Honestly, I haven't realized it until some people mentioned it to me visiting other cities. People especially in West MI would say "it doesn't make since for MI to not have a cheesecake factory, especially when there is a major city like Detroit here".

Quote:
This restaurant is more than about cheesecake. They have a very unique menu, which I describe as a mix between Asian and American influences. When I lived in another State, the one near my house would have a lineup starting at 4 pm on the weekends.
I can imagine it's probably going to be lines out the door for the first couple of weeks at least.

Old 02-23-2013, 04:48 PM

406 posts, read 769,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvinStrong313 View Post
Yea, I keep hearing that he had some type of grudge against the entire state. Like he purposely avoided MI. Now he wants to call it a "homecoming" nearly 3 dozen states later? lol. Honestly I want to know what his problem was.

Honestly, I haven't realized it until some people mentioned it to me visiting other cities. People especially in West MI would say "it doesn't make since for MI to not have a cheesecake factory, especially when there is a major city like Detroit here".

I can imagine it's probably going to be lines out the door for the first couple of weeks at least.
He is an ex-Detroiter and his family owned a bakery somewhere in the Metro area (I believe it may have been Warren) maybe something happened...either way I boycotted the place a long time ago

Old 02-26-2013, 04:41 PM

171 posts, read 189,029 times
Although I'm happy that it's coming to the area, I really wish it was going to be downtown. It just seems like it would make more of an impact down there than in Novi. What's in Novi other than that mall (which is somewhat nice I admit)?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit