Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2017, 03:41 PM

3,671 posts, read 5,887,848 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
I did niot ssay thre are none, I only said they are few and far between. Maybe you are agreeing with me, it is not clear, One big difference for us, is if we wanted truely good Mexican, middle eastern, traditional American, Fresh Chinese, Japanese, French, German, Greek, Russian, Danish, - whatevver food , t was available within a few miles, we did not have to drive some special place 20 - 30nmiles away
I agree with this. Although it's more like 10 min away if you live in the city.

Quote:
While Detroit metro has many good points, food is not one of them.
But I'll agree to disagree on this. With the exception of New Orleans, Atlanta, Chicago, Miami and LA. Everywhere else I've been is not quite on par (although I admit I never visited the east coast... yet ).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2017, 06:38 PM

169 posts, read 185,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
You are agreeing with exactly what I said. Truely awesome food is out there, just hard to find.

Most of the time we eat out we are venturing form Lyon Township, or from Westland. Northville has a coule of great places, Birmingham has a few as does Rochester, Detroit has some, even lansing has one, which is exactly the point There is good and execellent food here, but it is far less common than ohter big metros

It seems there is a difficulty getting the point across there is a difference between saying there are no good resturuants and the are few. I am not sure how I can better explain this distinction

BTW there is even some execellent dining downriver. Some of us do nto even eat muskrat every night. We have electricity and indoor plumbing
now too.
I'm actually disagreeing with what you said. Great food isn't all that hard to find in the western suburbs. I can speak to the lack of great food downriver because I lived there for 10 years until we moved last year. When Mexican Village and Hungarian Rhapsody are considered two of the best restaurants downriver, it's no wonder why you're having a hard time finding good options within minutes. Mexican Village is average at best and Hungarian Rhapsody is just, yuk. If you drive 30 minutes west, excellent food is not hard to find. Finding organic food downriver is like finding a unicorn. It doesn't exist. It's plentiful in Northville, Novi, and even Livonia. Shopping at a Kroger downriver is a very different experience than shopping at a Kroger in Northville. It's all about demographics and what people demand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit