Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2010, 11:23 PM

8 posts, read 11,343 times

Advertisements

Hey guys, looking to make a local move in Royal Oak. I don't have time to pack everything up and make the move due to work, so I wanted to see if anyone had recommendations for full service movers?

I've heard a lot of horror stories about moving companies, so if you have any experiences, both positive and negative, please share!

Thanks in advance.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2010, 10:45 AM

170 posts, read 496,123 times
I recently moved and used Eight Mile Moving And Storage.
I'd been browing the web and signed up to receive moving quotes and this was one of the companies recommended. The quote price was very reasonable,in fact it was so low that I was worried that I would be getting hooked up with trouble.
I took a chance with the company and it was the best most stress free move I've ever made! I needed to move on 10/21& had to scramble to find a mover at the last minute. I called on 10/16 to set things up. I was worried they wouldn't be able to handle the move on such short notice but it was no problem for them. I was moving out of a 3rd floor walk up(no elevator)and thought they'd charge me an arm and a leg. They didn't. Their rates were reasonable,they were friendly,hard working,prompt,and very careful with my things. They never once complained about the long narrow steps they had to navigate with all my furniture&household items(including a fully assembled treadmill).
Denis and his assistant(I can't remember his name)worked without a single complaint. They handled my things as though they were their own. Everything,with the exepection of one item,was taken out of my new place&put into my new home without a scratch on it. I felt badly that there was only two people doing so much work that I offered to buy them lunch. I almost had to force them to stop&eat before unloading the truck at my new home. They wanted to stop at a fast food joint but I had to insist that they let me treat them to a proper meal at a sit down restaurant.
I can't say enough good things about the service I received from this company.
When I move again in future I will use them again.
Here's their address&telephone number:
Eight Mile Moving&Storage
31465 8 Mile Road,
Livonia,Michigan 48152 (248)473-9050
Good luck to you on the move!
BTW,they're a full service company. From what they told me they can come and pack up your home for you and unpack at the new place if you'd like.

Old 11-22-2010, 10:02 PM

Did you use the full service from them, did they pack all your stuff and unpack it for you?

Old 11-23-2010, 05:08 PM

No I didn't have them pack for me. I'd been planning my move since last Dec. I decided to move a couple days before Christmas '09 and started packing(gradually)the day after Christmas.

Old 11-23-2010, 08:07 PM

Are you part of their company or something? In your original post, you state you needed to move 10/21, and then you said you started packing the day after Christmas '09. You packed for 10 months?

Old 11-24-2010, 06:38 PM

No,I'm not part of their company.I am in no way affliated with the company nor am I paid for the recommendation.
I'm fully aware of what I said.
No I didn't pack for ten months! Who has that much stuff that it takes ten months to pack?
Let me clarify it for you. In December 2009 I decided I wanted to move(personal reasons) so I began a few days after I made my decision to start sorting through my things(what to keep,what to toss in trash,what to pass on to charity,etc). I didn't pack for the entire ten months nor did it take me ten months to do it. I packed/sorted/gave away a little at a time. While STARTING my packing/sorting/throwing away/donating I took my time visiting different area cities&Detroit neighborhoods. I was in no rush and wanted to make a careful well thought out decision I'd be both comfortable&happy with. Thus I took my time and it happend to take several months.
Does that help clear the confusion?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit