Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diabetes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2015, 07:49 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,230,433 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
You can throw all your diabetic medications away by becoming a strict Vegan,
I've had much success with Dr Joel Fuhrmans approach "Eat to Live"=
Dr. Joel Fuhrman Improves Health - Lose Weight Naturally | Reverse Diabetes | Prevent Heart Disease and Cancer | Lower Cholesterol
Unfortunately i cant seem to exist merely on vegetables/fruits and legumes for more than a month, i then lapse back into a normal diet,gain all the weight back and watch my blood sugar readings rise and have to start back on the medications.
So yes diabetes can be reversed through diet the question is how long can you stay on the diet required to bring about positive results.

Diabetes cannot be reversed but it can be controlled and many people will never become vegan because they don't want to.
A diabetic can eat what they want when they want they just have to account for it in their daily consumption of food.

This also pertains to pre diabetes and Type II Diabetes, Type I Diabetes requires regular injections of Insulin because the body does not produce insulin naturally.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diabetes