Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2011, 06:11 PM

10,364 posts, read 20,793,403 times

Advertisements

anyone tried it for weight loss?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2011, 07:24 PM

14,129 posts, read 31,246,614 times
No but it sounds like it could be a good aphrodisiac.

Old 07-04-2011, 08:40 PM

10,364 posts, read 20,793,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVA1990 View Post
No but it sounds like it could be a good aphrodisiac.
LOL, and then you get lots of exercise in the bedroom which in turn helps you lose weight. Now I see how it works.

Old 07-05-2011, 01:07 PM

8,868 posts, read 12,558,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
anyone tried it for weight loss?
We eat mangos as part of (you guessed it) weight watchers - fruit is zero points (but should be eaten within reason). I dont know much about particular varieties.

Old 07-05-2011, 03:20 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,774,263 times
My sister's one of those people who loves mangos, but can't eat them because she breaks out in a really nasty painful rash all around her mouth when she tries. There's an enzyme in mangoes that's some kind of serious irritant. I don't like the smell of them, so I've never eaten one to see if it'd happen to me.

Old 07-05-2011, 08:32 PM

834 posts, read 2,683,884 times
What I think the OP is talking about is a dietary supplement/detox pill called African Mango. It's all over the internet as advertised on a Dr. Oz show, I think.

You can probably make your own liver cleanse to get your day started - cranberry juice (real juice not the cocktail stuff...the one with 40-60 cals), 1 tsp of apple cider vinegar, lemon squeeze.
Watch your diet, try to drink less soft drinks. But perhaps sparkling water can give you that bubbly need you may want to alternate from regular water.

Something basic I do is make sure your tummy is full (or at least not hungry) before you head out to the grocery store.

Old 07-06-2011, 05:22 AM

If you're eating properly and don't have anything medically wrong with you, then you don't need to cleanse your liver every morning.

Old 07-12-2011, 01:13 AM

2 posts, read 9,096 times
Cool African mango benefit

Hi

African mango dietary supplement comes from the seed extracts of the mango fruit in Africa ( that is why it was called African mango) The extracts as some manufacturers claimed have weight loss properties such as thermogenic effects that increases fat burning activities inside the body. Some health benefits also includes low cholesterol level and improving your mood. It also acts as appetite suppressant.

There is a study called Lipids in Health that discusses about the study of the African mango but I'm not sure if I can put the link here but you can search for it online

Katz Jacob
Fitness And Health Consultant
New York

Last edited by KatzJacz; 07-12-2011 at 01:21 AM..

Old 07-12-2011, 05:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatzJacz View Post
Hi

African mango dietary supplement comes from the seed extracts of the mango fruit in Africa ( that is why it was called African mango) The extracts as some manufacturers claimed have weight loss properties such as thermogenic effects that increases fat burning activities inside the body. Some health benefits also includes low cholesterol level and improving your mood. It also acts as appetite suppressant.

There is a study called Lipids in Health that discusses about the study of the African mango but I'm not sure if I can put the link here but you can search for it online

Katz Jacob
Fitness And Health Consultant
New York
So you're saying - eating suppresses the appetite, eating improves your mood, and eating causes digestion.

The fact that it's mango - I don't think is relevant. The only thing I can see that it might do, that any other food might not do, is the cholesterol-lowering effect.

Also, the "improves your mood" is highly subjective; if my mood is already healthy, will it turn me into an anxiety-ridden nutcase? If I'm suffering from high anxiety, will it depress me back to normal? If I'm depressed, will it elevate me upward to normal? If I'm in a goofy mood, will it make me feel serious?

"Improves your mood" is something only supplement companies and pharmaceutical ads claim. Oh and doctors will say that to patients they believe are too stupid to understand what's REALLY happening.

Old 07-27-2011, 12:56 AM

2 posts, read 9,096 times
hi.

Sorry wasn't clear about it. The fact is that the dietary supplement suppresses the feeling of being hungry, so you will not overindulged yourself which is what actually happens when you are too hungry, you tend to overeat. About the mood, hungry people are almost always irritated, by managing the person's leptin hormones, you will not get easily irritated. People who are overweight tires easily as well as have mood swings by using the supplement and losing weight you tend to feel lighter as you lose the excess pounds. You can now do more activities that you normally don't when you are fat. ( It is basically a side effect that is brought by the product.) I'm not sure about the digestion that you are saying.

Doctors only recommend supplements if the person needs to use it for health reason. Though I don't know of any doctors who yet said that to their patients. (I'm not actually a doctor so I don't know how they prescribe the supplement to their patients) It is up to you to actually decide whether or not to take it. If you see that you can lose weight without this supplements then good for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss