Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2013, 12:41 PM

1,650 posts, read 3,802,587 times

Advertisements

I have to read the WW ingredients on their in-meeting products on a daily basis.
I'm sorry, but even in "moderation" i wouldn't eat that junk. Nasty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacredgrooves View Post
I would however propose checking out Mark's Daily Apple and learning to eat differently instead of a "diet".
^^This.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2013, 03:44 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,770,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d2mini View Post
I have to read the WW ingredients on their in-meeting products on a daily basis.
I'm sorry, but even in "moderation" i wouldn't eat that junk. Nasty.
Fortunately for you, you don't have to have even a tiny taste of their in-meeting products if you don't want to. WW makes them as a profit-making *convenience* for their customers - but they neither push it, or require it in regards to following their plan. It is completely optional and isn't even intended to replace any whole foods or home-cooked meals, or wholesome snacks, at all.

Old 03-28-2013, 02:01 PM

Yet this teaches people that these foods (errr... chemicals) are ok.
Actually, you are probably better off eating a portion of a snicker bar, that is the same exact size as a Mini Bar if you are looking for an afternoon snack.
And it's not just their branded products in meeting. There are retail products AND tons of WW endorsed products. Products with fake sweeteners, frozen and other boxed nastiness... the list is huge.
I like where they are going with educating their customers, but they have a long way to go.

Old 03-28-2013, 04:48 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,770,834 times
Quote:
Yet this teaches people that these foods (errr... chemicals) are ok.
Actually, you are probably better off eating a portion of a snicker bar, that is the same exact size as a Mini Bar if you are looking for an afternoon snack.
And it's not just their branded products in meeting. There are retail products AND tons of WW endorsed products. Products with fake sweeteners, frozen and other boxed nastiness... the list is huge.
I like where they are going with educating their customers, but they have a long way to go.
They're saying: You'd be a lot healthier during and after your weight loss journey if you were to do things the right way - whole foods, minimally processed foods, moderate portions, limited junk.

BUT - they say..

IF you are going to insist on eating overprocessed junk, try this junk because at least it has been measured and we are able to assign it points within our program, which is what you use as your primary tool to get your journey moving.

I make use of frozen processed foods when I work a long shift, because I don't always know when I'll be working a long shift and I only get 15 minutes to eat, and the kitchen doesn't have a stove or oven - just a microwave and a really old toaster oven that I'm afraid to even turn on, let alone use.

So I can't cook my own lunch, and I hate throwing away food I bring from home just because I didn't really need it afterall (such as a peanutbutter sandwich).

Remember - when you only HAVE 15 minutes given to you to eat during a 6-hour period of time, it has to be filling, it has to have some nutritional value, and it has to be quick to prepare and quick and easy to eat. A Healthy Choice chicken with noodles and spinach alfredo fits neatly into all categories. Plus, it's low fat, modest carbs, moderate sodium, has calcium and protein, and only costs $2.00.

It's not intended to replace a proper hour-long lunch. It's intended to be exactly what it is: a quickie bite to eat that will keep me from passing out til suppertime, when I'm stuck at work past my assigned shift.

Medifast, on the other hand (that's the topic here, remember?) requires that you eat their foods, take their supplements, drink their shakes, and generally replace real food with their overprocessed stuff. As a result, yes you get all the nutrition you need, but you don't learn how to sustain a healthy weight once you reach your goal.

WeightWatchers not only does teach you this, that is the main reason why it exists: to teach you how to get to a weight goal and sustain it.

Old 03-28-2013, 05:16 PM

You do what you gotta do. No need to explain your actions to me.

Old 03-28-2013, 06:34 PM

6,103 posts, read 8,814,359 times
WW does educate their customers. Its why it has been around so long and is the most successful diet program going.

Old 03-28-2013, 09:21 PM

Quote:

Old 03-29-2013, 08:48 AM

6,103 posts, read 8,814,359 times
Quote:
Really? How so?

Old 05-24-2013, 08:21 AM

249 posts, read 473,450 times
I was thinking about trying medifast so It is structured so I do not have to think about what I am going to eat. You see I work 16 hrs a day, I have two full time jobs and I just need to not have to think about making all my food ahead of time. I have been cooking all my meals on Sunday for the entire week and it is becoming a bit tasking. I figured I would do medifast and once I reach my goal weight switch to weight watchers by then I should be down to one full time job then

Old 05-24-2013, 03:41 PM

10,746 posts, read 26,009,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleecya View Post
I was thinking about trying medifast so It is structured so I do not have to think about what I am going to eat. You see I work 16 hrs a day, I have two full time jobs and I just need to not have to think about making all my food ahead of time. I have been cooking all my meals on Sunday for the entire week and it is becoming a bit tasking. I figured I would do medifast and once I reach my goal weight switch to weight watchers by then I should be down to one full time job then

can you function on only 500 calories a day?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss