Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2013, 04:08 PM

44,623 posts, read 61,597,128 times

Advertisements

Love Macdee's place, been eating there regularly for the past 60 years and haven't gained a pound.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2013, 04:09 PM

917 posts, read 2,004,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitram View Post
Love Macdee's place, been eating there regularly for the past 60 years and haven't gained a pound.
You may one of the few who can eat fast food regularly without gaining weight but that can't be good for your health at all. Try to cut back for the sake of your health.

Old 07-16-2013, 05:28 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,864,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
All along I have known it is just bad for you. I have always loved their breakfast. Always.

I've given up all soda, given up high calorie coffee, been eating healthy foods. A lot of fruits and vegetables. More veggies on my plate than anything else these days. Maybe a half of a chicken breast, sometimes a little bit of brown rice....

For lunch I eat a piece of cheese, grapes, strawberries, and hummus. For breakfast I usually eat either oatmeal or some greek yogurt with berries mixed in.

My SO told me he was going to McDs this am and did I want anything. I said sure and he brought me home my usual. A sausage mcmuffin with egg and cheese and a hashbrown.

Just disgusting. The hashbrown was pure salt and oil and the mcmuffin was just gross.

When I stopped the sodas, taking a sip after several weeks had the same effect, gross.

It is something else how when we eat the right things, the wrong things become so nasty..... Don't get me wrong. Ice cream is a good thing. =) 2-3x per month.
I am not a big McD's fan, but breakfast is the healthiest option there.

The regular egg mcmuffin (with canadian bacon, egg and cheese) isn't terrible for you. Besides the sodium. I think the fako eggs are gross. And I don't like processed cheese, so I have my childhood fave: sausage mcmuffin no cheese with mustard.

But the best breakfast item is actually the fruit and yogurt parfait. It is pretty tasty. Think yoplait-like yogurt, frozen strawberries and granola. I typically eat plain greek yogurt and find it a bit too sweet, but honestly it is not bad. They use vanilla yogurt which is less sugary than other flavored yogurts. Great in a pinch.

Old 07-16-2013, 05:32 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,864,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Every so often I'll get a hankering for McD's french fries. I'll occasionally give into the craving, and it always surprises me how extremely salty and greasy they are. I've really stopped using a lot of salt, and like the OP said, it's really noticeable.
They haven't been good since they became vegetarian.

If you are going to eat fast food fries, I will share a tip I learned. Ask for them to be no salt.

1. If you get a really anal fry master (like the one who commented earlier ) they will either pull out a new scoop or wipe down the regular one, and cover the fry station with paper. The fries are typically almost salty enough. But this guarantees your fries will be nice and hot. You might want to add some salt to finish.

2. If you get a lazy fry master, your fries will be hot and not too salty. They'll use the regular scoop which likely has enough residual salt for your fries.

Old 07-16-2013, 06:15 PM

37,131 posts, read 42,200,354 times
I used to crave big macs occasionally. I got a fish sandwich a few weeks ago because I was desperate and had 10 minutes to eat. It was ok but not worth going back for. I can no longer eat their regular burgers however. My dad eats breakfast there almost daily, a senior coffee and some kinds of biscuit thing that he brings home and doctors up with other things. Sometimes I'll see leftover coffee and and half a biscuit in his fridge...he's saves things for snacks and eats it later.

Old 07-16-2013, 06:50 PM

26,720 posts, read 26,793,862 times
Quote:
Me, either. I love their scrambled eggs and biscuits.

Old 07-17-2013, 07:47 AM

917 posts, read 2,004,939 times
I never cared for mcdonalds breakfast. I did like the fruit parfait until I realized how much sugar they put in it. Their oatmeal taste good but then again I think the put a lot of sugar and God knows what else in there.

Old 07-17-2013, 12:01 PM

4,391 posts, read 9,482,410 times
Never liked McDonalds....especially the Big Mac that everyone raves over, or did when it first came out. After I havn't had fast food for a long period of time and then get a hamburger or fries, I literally get sick because I can taste all the grease, salt etc.

When in doubt read the TOS.

Old 07-17-2013, 07:55 PM

4,789 posts, read 14,742,671 times
Quote:
Yeah, I love fast food. I eat at various places and I eat anything I like but I don't gain weight because I eat in moderation. Like when McDonalds had the Angus Burger that'd be all I eat for a dinner, no fries of cold coffee with that.

I hate people's attitude that to stay slim and healthy you must be a health food junkie, only eating veggies and such. You can live healthy eating a moderation of junk food and enjoy life better.

Old 07-17-2013, 08:19 PM

69 posts, read 144,057 times
I know that McDonald is junk food, high-calorie, high-calorie , but I still like to eat
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss