Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2014, 07:49 AM

1,474 posts, read 2,301,245 times

Advertisements

This is how my eating rhythms tend to naturally go. I don't consider it an eating disorder and I don't feel any shame or guilt or bad feelings, I'm just wondering if binging one day then not eating much the next day would balance out?

On my binge days I am so full and my stomach is so big I just need to get in my nightgown and crawl into bed. It's an emotional, insatiable hunger. Eat until I am physically ill. No vomiting, just uncomfortably full and can't eat any more.

On my light days I feel fine and normal and I can go running & aerobics classes & yoga & weightlifting, etc.

This is not a psychological thing where I feel like I'm controlling anything, like anorexics or bulemics do. This is just my eating rhythm. I hate it on the binge days but on the light days I feel back to normal.

So what is this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2014, 09:18 AM

686 posts, read 1,231,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelpha View Post
This is how my

So what is this?
Its a fast track to obesity and multiple health issues.

How about heading over to Barnes and Noble and picking up a book on healthy eating and/or nutrition so you can learn how to properly fuel your body for optimum health.

Old 04-09-2014, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chum Kiu View Post
Its a fast track to obesity and multiple health issues.

How about heading over to Barnes and Noble and picking up a book on healthy eating and/or nutrition so you can learn how to properly fuel your body for optimum health.
I'm certified in nutrition. And personal training. And yoga. I only eat whole foods. I'm not overweight.

It's just that my eating rhythms are wonky. I just want to know what's up with that? It's a cycle of emotional eating followed by recovery. Over and over and over. This erratic pattern interferes with my goals and daily life.

Old 04-09-2014, 09:37 AM

Quote:
I'm certified in nutrition. And personal training. And yoga. I only eat whole foods. I'm not overweight.

Sure you are.

Old 04-09-2014, 09:39 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,251,824 times
Quote:

It's just that my eating rhythms are wonky. I just want to know what's up with that? It's a cycle of emotional eating followed by recovery. Over and over and over. This erratic pattern interferes with my goals and daily life.

Anyone certified in nutrition would know this is not healthy and not to do it.
A good book on proper nutrition, calories, carbs, and daily consumption should be on your top 5 list of reading, learning and completely understanding.

Old 04-09-2014, 09:44 AM

I AM CERTIFIED IN NUTRITION!!!!

What makes perfect sense in theory isn't always so simple to practice.

Compare: Have you ever had a doctor who is overweight or smokes or has any bad habits? Well he/she should know better, right?? Yet still this person is a doctor.

Old 04-09-2014, 09:47 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,251,824 times
Quote:

What makes perfect sense in theory isn't always so simple to practice.

Compare: Have you ever had a doctor who is overweight or smokes or has any bad habits? Well he/she should know better, right?? Yet still this person is a doctor.

Well I'm NOT certified in Nutrition yet I took my husband's sugar numbers with his diabetes from 310 to 110 in 14 days by reading, re-reading and reading again anything I could get my eyes on so I could learn quickly how to feed him properly. So I'm sure if I a non certified in nutrition regular person can do that you as a certified in nutrition person can learn how to eat properly.

Old 04-09-2014, 10:01 AM

I could sit here and rattle off nutrition facts off the top of my head. Wanna hear? Of course you do.

Fat has 9 kilocalories per gram. Carbohydrates have 4. Same with proteins. Alcohol has 7 calories per gram but provides no nutritional value.

Depending on one's lifestyle, nutritional goals, etc, 40-65% of one's daily caloric intake should come from carbohydrates. 15-40% from protein. 25-30% from fat.

To determine one's weight in standard and metric systems: divide weight in lbs by 2.2 to determine weight in kilograms.

To determine one's basal metabolism, you will need to know the person's gender, weight, the amount of calories the person consumes on an average day, and the person's typical level of activity: sedentary, lightly active, moderately active, very active, or extremely active. This information will be plugged into a formula which will give you the person's basal metabolism. With that information you can help the client with his/her goals of weight loss, weight gain, muscle gain, etc by using other mathematical figuring such as 3500 kcals= 1lb of fat, therefore to lose 1lb of fat while still maintaining base caloric intake to sustain the body, create a nutritional plan for the client to take in the proper foods with the proper calories over time to lose safe amounts of weight, no more than 1-2lbs of weight should be lost per week in order for the body to adapt gradually making the change more permanent.

Gaining muscle, 1200 calories per lb of muscle (high quality protein and must be accompanied by weight training).

Etc etc

Old 04-09-2014, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Well I'm NOT certified in Nutrition yet I took my husband's sugar numbers with his diabetes from 310 to 110 in 14 days by reading, re-reading and reading again anything I could get my eyes on so I could learn quickly how to feed him properly. So I'm sure if I a non certified in nutrition regular person can do that you as a certified in nutrition person can learn how to eat properly.

Well done taking good care of your husband.

I know in theory how to eat properly. Perhaps I should have posted this under psychology because my eating RHYTHMS are wonky. I'm just asking to see what this is about and if anyone else deals with this.

Last edited by Zelpha; 04-09-2014 at 10:13 AM..

Old 04-09-2014, 10:35 AM

Quote:

Maybe you "filtered out" a lot of the info you were supposed to learn because it didn't interest you? Kinda like what you said here in a thread you started but didn't participate in where you asked if weight lifting was any good - http://www.city-data.com/forum/34079404-post1.html

Sorry that this thread seemed to have turned into an assault on your knowledge and credentials but its obvious that you really should look into picking up some healthy eating books.

What you are currently doing with your binge one day then not the next is horrible and will wreak havoc on your health, waistline and fitness goals (whatever your goals are).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss