Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2015, 03:23 PM

3,308 posts, read 4,565,167 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
Bulletproof coffee makes my bowels "loose" - lol -
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2015, 02:53 PM

279 posts, read 545,173 times
I <3 bullet Proof coffee!

Old 05-21-2015, 10:41 AM

41,994 posts, read 75,287,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wittgenstein's Ghost View Post
I hear this line touted a lot in defense of hocus pocus ideas like this one. While it may be true that different people have different preferences, that doesn't mean that some ideas aren't bad ones. As AnonChick said, eating fewer calories than you burn is a foolproof way to lose weight, and it works for just about everyone.
And adding coconut oil to coffee in the morning is a tool that helps some people achieve the goal of eating fewer calories throughout the day. I'm amazed that some people are having such difficulty grasping this very simple concept.

Old 05-21-2015, 11:48 AM

6,102 posts, read 8,831,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
And adding coconut oil to coffee in the morning is a tool that helps some people achieve the goal of eating fewer calories throughout the day. I'm amazed that some people are having such difficulty grasping this very simple concept.
I tried it and it was disgusting and it did nothing to quell hunger throughout the day. I do agree though if enough people tell you something a placebo effect will take place.

Old 05-21-2015, 12:04 PM

3,308 posts, read 4,565,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyd609 View Post
I tried it and it was disgusting and it did nothing to quell hunger throughout the day. I do agree though if enough people tell you something a placebo effect will take place.

I think if you like it, then maybe the coconut oil making you feel full will help you eat less. And that would be great if it worked for you, drink on!

Me personally, I like cooking my eggs in coconut oil. Protein + filling fat = yum and bam!

To each his own!

Old 05-21-2015, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyd609 View Post
I tried it and it was disgusting and it did nothing to quell hunger throughout the day. .
So it didn't work for you. Your system is not the same as anyone else's.

Why people can be so narrow-minded and persist in insisting that their way is the only way is beyond me.

Old 05-21-2015, 12:17 PM

4,567 posts, read 5,434,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
A bit of coconut oil in a cup of coffee is not going to make people eat fewer calories.

How do you figure this is possible?

Eating right and exercising are what works for losing weight and increasing energy. Butter or coconut oil in coffee is not going to do it.

Old 05-21-2015, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Gambit View Post
A bit of coconut oil in a cup of coffee is not going to make people eat fewer calories.
Do you not understand the concept of "tool": something used to help achieve a goal?

Let me spell it out for you, then: Some people have found that adding a spoonful of coconut oil to a cup of coffee in the morning helps them feel fuller than if they drank their coffee black, therefore making them less hungry -- and less likely to overeat -- throughout the day.

I'm truly amazed some folks can be so obtuse about this very simple way to reduce the risk of overeating.

Old 05-21-2015, 01:07 PM

733 posts, read 855,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma_bear View Post
Bulletproof coffee can be part of an Eat less, move more routine. Of course people should eat less and move more to lose weight but in order to make it happen it helps to have a plan. There is more than one way to lose weight and people should use whatever plan they can stick to for a long time.

Bulletproof coffee and its many variations can be a fantastic addition to a low carb way of eating. I use a variation of it in my own weight loss journey. I don't know how much weight I have lost but I have gone from a 22W to a 14W (or regular 16) by incorporating coffee with coconut oil and cream into my daily eating plan. It keeps me full for hours and is only around 170 calories.
Wow! Congrats and thanks for sharing, I'm going to try that, too!!!

Old 05-21-2015, 01:24 PM

983 posts, read 1,057,035 times
I know someone that sells something similar - it's coffee and cocoa that she says promises to help you loose weight and have more energy. Supposedly it contains an herb that does the magic...I don't trust it, and there is no way I'd buy the stuff.

If there were a magic weight loss bullet it'd be all over the news, not in some little sales "party" scheme. I agree with what others have said - eat fewer calories, exercise more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss