Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2015, 02:30 PM

10 posts, read 8,382 times

Advertisements

Hi all
It's great to find this forum. I'm 39 years old and have been overweight for at least half of my life. The heaviest that I have been is in the last 6 years. I was going through a lot of stress in my life at the time and turned to eating lots of very unhealthy food as a vice. I have always struggle with self esteem and confidence since I was very young. For the last 2 years things in my life have never been better and I really think it's time to get my confidence back. So I will be starting a weight loss challenge on Monday. I am very excited and can't wait! My ultimate goal is to lose 50 lbs by June 2016. Part of the challenge is to take measurements and pictures weekly so I really hope to see changes. My biggest enemy in all this is myself and I know that when I get bored I turn to eating. While the program is not very challenging as far as changing my lifestyle to much, I also want to start working out and keeping myself motivated to do better. So the reason I'm posting this is because there no better motivator then announcing to the world what your goals are and making sure they get done so you don't look like a fool, lol I'll keep you informed of my progress. Wish me luck everybody!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss