Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2016, 02:02 PM

3,308 posts, read 4,579,499 times

Advertisements

You need to shoot for long-term results, not short ones. Starving yourself is not good, it's just going to make you frustrated and mad and want to eat, and in turn you will eat, and eat too much and gain more.

In July of 2014, I decided I was tired of being short and fat, so I started watching my calories, counting them and calculating how much my body needs. I still eat delicious foods and I have lost 29 pounds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2016, 11:52 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,541,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraMoonn View Post
Also almost all foods have gluten and I have an intolerance to it. I can't join WW, and I wouldn't anyway. I want to lose this weight fast and starving myself for a while and maybe eating once a week is the answer. Weight doesn't stay on when you starve yourself, have you ever seen a starving person? They're thin, not fat. I'm sick of people saying it won't work.

You obviously dont want to hear any advice, either on this thread on your previous one. So why post? Just go ahead and starve yourself. Then, when you see that it doesnt work, you may be willing to listen to others (although I doubt it).

Old 04-02-2016, 05:53 AM

10,746 posts, read 26,144,866 times
Quote:
Also almost all foods have gluten and I have an intolerance to it. I can't join WW, and I wouldn't anyway. I want to lose this weight fast and starving myself for a while and maybe eating once a week is the answer. Weight doesn't stay on when you starve yourself, have you ever seen a starving person? They're thin, not fat. I'm sick of people saying it won't work.

First get rid of that attitude towards those trying to help...starving is not going to help you in any way, shape or form. Even if you managed to 'starve' yourself for awhile, the consequences are worse than what you're dealing with now.

Ask for dr for a referral to a dietician or nutritionist....drs know very little about this stuff. Get yourself inot a diabetes class and learn about this disease.

Portion control is very, very important; right along with making the right food choices. Cut out sugar...white sugar should be the first to go. Then limit your fruits...loaded with sugar. Watch your carbs...again, sugar.

Eat lots of fresh, dark green veggies, lean meat, and drink lots of water. You need to buy a scale so you can weigh your meat portions...again portion control is a biggie.

You need to eat breakfast, lunch and dinner will two small (SMALL) snacks throughout the day. Also do at least 30 mins of exercise. Walking is a great start..but not strolling...walking with a purpose (so can't easily carry on a conversation)

Is it easy to lose weight????? NO, it's not not...it takes WORK, TIME and PATIENCE.

Old 04-02-2016, 07:41 AM

6,102 posts, read 8,861,667 times
Quote:
You either want to lose weight or you don't. Sounds like you don't. If you are so sure starving yourself will work then go for it. You, however, will not get anyone here to encourage you to do that because it is a stupid way to go about losing weight.
What is your gluten intolerance? Are you Celiac?

Old 04-02-2016, 03:59 PM

17,602 posts, read 39,339,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyd609 View Post
You either want to lose weight or you don't. Sounds like you don't. If you are so sure starving yourself will work then go for it. You, however, will not get anyone here to encourage you to do that because it is a stupid way to go about losing weight.
What is your gluten intolerance? Are you Celiac?
This^^. And I actually agree with KingsGambit too about seeing a shrink. I really think it would help you (OP).

Old 04-03-2016, 09:52 AM

15,234 posts, read 10,422,179 times
Quote:

Kara - I'm not sure if you are very young, a troll or just don't want to listen to people who have good advice for you. You will lose weight if you starve yourself but at what cost? And do you know how long it will take to do that? How much energy do you think you will have on a starvation diet? What happens to all the loose skin when you lose weight rapidly?

The trick to losing weight which has been said a million times is EAT LESS, MOVE MORE. Cut out sugars and refined foods. Walk more, take the stairs, find a sport you enjoy whether it's biking, kayaking, something.

You are looking for a quick fix and a starvation diet is not the way. You didn't put on the weight in a few weeks did you? The people who lose a little at a time are the ones that are most successful. Aim for 2 pounds a week, in a month your clothes will be loser. Ten pounds off is usually a dress size.

Good luck and please listen to people who tell you not to starve yourself.

Old 04-03-2016, 09:57 AM

44,252 posts, read 64,591,263 times
Quote:
Geezus.
Go to the store.
If it comes in a package, don't buy or eat it.

That leaves you with fruits, veggies, meats, and bulk grains/legumes (lentils, beans, quinoa, etc).

Only eat that, with as many non-starchy veggies as you want (no potatoes).

Drink only water.

Run/walk two miles a day (takes you 20 min max).

Do this for 4 months and come back here.

Old 04-03-2016, 11:15 AM

15,234 posts, read 10,422,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Geezus.
Go to the store.
If it comes in a package, don't buy or eat it.

That leaves you with fruits, veggies, meats, and bulk grains/legumes (lentils, beans, quinoa, etc).

Only eat that, with as many non-starchy veggies as you want (no potatoes).

Drink only water.

Run/walk two miles a day (takes you 20 min max).

Do this for 4 months and come back here.

Great advice but I have a feeling the OP is not going to take it - she is looking for a quick fix. Nothing good in life comes easy. As Cher said once when someone asked her how she kept her body looking so good in her late 50's "diet and exercise - it's not easy but if it was everybody would have a great body."

Less in - more out. Simple.

Last edited by chiluvr1228; 04-03-2016 at 11:17 AM.. Reason: punctuation

Old 04-07-2016, 12:00 AM

645 posts, read 756,145 times
when you starve yourself yes it works for awhile but the weight will eventually come back...been there done that.....its not a long term fix...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss